Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Conspiracy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope that everybody is doing well! I love me some conspiracy about... well, anything. I know most of it is crazy talk and the evidence is a stretch to find any real correlation to the idea, but it's a fun kind of 'what if' for me to enjoy. Feel free to post your own conspiracies or discuss/debate my and other conspiracies.

Conspiracy: The Nomads need humanity.

Evidence: In the intro of the game, we see the 4 sleeper ships escaping Sol for the Sirius region of space (it was a miracle that they even escaped, keep that in mind). The war waged on and the Coalition were going to be the clear winners of the war. Once the alliance surrendered, it may have been possible that the Coalition learned of the sleeper ships whereabouts and track them down. However, an unknown ship (Nomad) just so happened to destroy the sun and destroy all of Sol. Except for environmental factors, the sleeper ships were safe to colonize.

The Liberty, which many speculated took off earlier than the rest and had better, faster engines, was the first ship to arrive in the Sirius sector to begin surveying for habitable planets. It just so happens to find Planet Manhattan, one of the most habitable and richest planets in the entire area. And what else just so happens to be found on Planet Manhattan? Valhalla 1.

Skip this if you know what Valhalla 1 is, but I'll give a quick summary. Valhalla 1 are old ruins found deep within the mountains of Planet Manhattan that contain within them secrets and codes to technologies. This prompted the creation of the Order. There's a lot of stuff I'm missing out in between, but look it up, it's a good read. It basically propelled Liberty into superiority and, through trade, enabled all of the houses to build what is needed.

The Nomads are not builders or engineers. Yes, they can grow their own ships, but they lack the infrastructure to grow the number of ships required to pose a serious enough threat to any other space faring races out there. Thats where humanity comes in. The Nomads wanted to guide humanity to Sirius so that they can build the shipyards and infrastructure to build the Nomad war machine. This is apparent by Nomad ships being grown in Rheinland and Liberty shipyards through the single player campaign.

The Nomads must have sensed the energy registers coming from the Sol system, because of war, and came to investigate. They found an "intelligent" space fairing race capable of building what they needed. Lets infiltrate their ranks, pressure the Alliance to send sleeper ships to Sirius, colonize the worlds, and build the infrastructure that is required to build a Nomad armada to conquer the galaxy! What better way to speed up this process is by planting a cache of technology secrets on the most habitable world in the area. So when a fleeing space-fairing species is looking to colonize, they will find this golden egg. It will then be only a matter of time before finding this cache. But wait, the Libertonians within the alliance faction seem to have a superiority complex. Only the best will suit them! Lets infiltrate their ranks to have their sleeper ship launch first, and also have the fastest engine. These people will find our cache for sure! Thus, the sleeper ships launched into space to colonize Sirius.

TLBig GrinR The Nomads infiltrated Coalition/Alliance ranks to allow the sleeper ships to colonize Sirius so that they can build the infrastructure required to grow Nomad fleets. Valhalla 1 was used to provide the technology required and from there it only took 800 years for humanity to build what the Nomads felt was required to infiltrate and take over.

I know this is not true, but it's fun to think about. Comment, find holes, add evidence, or post your own conspiracy!
I guess that the Earth is not flat. Do you?
This isn't that far fetched when you recall HF building Marduks.
One coincidence is a happenstance, two is a calculated chain of events. Solid theory.
Amazing, you managed to be right for all the wrong reasons possible.

In as far as the Noms need humanity, you're right, but the entire thought process to come to that conclusion is pointlessly complex and wrong.
I will quote from Chris Todd's design document to give you a better idea of how or why the Noms require humanity. though I still haven't figured out if any of the Nom factions stick to this plan in Disco:

Quote:In the process the Nomads learned quite a bit about humanity and began to understand how we had appropriated the knowledge that the Daam-K'Vosh had intended for them. They also realized that our own civilization was technologically more advanced than their own -- but much as humanity had taken the remnants of the Daam-K'Vosh civilization and made it their own, so the Nomads decided that they would take our civilization and rebuild it in their own image. We had already unlocked secrets of the Daam-K'Vosh that it would have taken them millennia to uncover. Besides, human bodies were warm, their senses exquisite, and they reproduced so quickly as to make any one body expendable. The Nomads thought that, yes, they could grow quite accustomed to making their homes inside of us...

then
Quote:But as they learned more about us and our politics, they realized that they wouldn't need to fight us: we would do all the fighting for them. All they had to do was apply pressure in a few critical places and humans would surrender to their natural violent instincts. Once we had expended ourselves in a futile fight waged against phantom aggressors, the Nomads would easily be able to assume control and use humans as a vehicle to expand throughout the galaxy

tl;dr, we aren't needed merely to build them a fleet, we're needed mind, body and soul. Everything of humanity is needed, the species itself for the comfortable bodies it can provide (one, I'd argue, even physically closer to the Daam K'vosh. They had writing, hence hands, hence opposable thumbs, hence... you get it. What if there's even an emotional component in trying to look like Dad?), and its culture and technological advancement because it's inherited from Dad what was supposed to go to them.
The wars they provoke, ways to reduce the human population to a more manageable size, one that allows them to take us over in every meaning of the word.

I don't know if the Nom factions in Disco have this (unachievable) plan as their long term objective, but if they do, for all intents and purposes the future is Wild according to them.
I welcome this kind of nonsense. It is a much more enjoyable conspiracy than that to which I am usually subjected.