Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Playing with different ID and IFF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. Is it legal to play, for example JunkerID with corsair/outcast IFF? I creating a character and thinking about story of Junker who prefers to do his business with Corsairs..
Hi, in your example, it could be better to ask the permit from the junker representatives (my opinion) depend of your activity. I think that is not illegal, but i repeat , it depend of your activity.

after, it's at your choice, and, your proper risk and perils

i don't know exactly if a rule is existing, it is just my idea
I don't think it's against the rules, and I've never been sanctioned for this, but people here don't seem to like it and you will get a lot of oorp pms demanding you to change the IFF. It's also very difficult to set up now because of rephacks and IFF overrides.
In case IFF override isn't an issue - why not just play a Junker who is green for Corsairs? Just kill a lot of Outcasts.
In general in it is not against rules.
But if I would see Corsair Dreadnought with Zoner IFF and ID(I saw it)
I think it breaks some rules for sure.

Usually though if your ID and IFF are too much different, is first sign of Lolwutness. I could understand if different ID and IFF used when one of them is a generic faction(BHG ID + Freelancer IFF, or Freelancer ID + BHF IFF). But two non-generic factions(like Corsair ID + Rheinland IFF)? That's a bad sign for sure.
Technically it doesnt
Irp it can be treated as small transponder failure
Look at Valkyrie Freikorps for example. RW Guard IFF and FL ID
That's how they intended it that's how it is. And it's not a mistake and not against rules.
Weird combos like having a Coalition BC with EFL IFF in NY (I saw it) dont break rules either i think, but, they are very odd and confusing)
There is no rule against it, and it's a tactic I'm surprised nobody uses. I know back in the day some people used a pirate ID with a Zoner IFF. Feel free to use your idea, just be prepared for lawfuls to give you hassle. Just make sure you have a Corsair IFF before you mount a Junker ID, otherwise the Junker rep will always overpower the Corsair one. You may need to use /droprep to lower your IFF rep for this

(06-09-2020, 12:37 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]But if I would see Corsair Dreadnought with Zoner IFF and ID(I saw it)

There is no rule against this. Anybody can fly any ship as long as their ID has that class and the ship doesn't have a special restriction
STOP SAYING
//GO TO BASE AND TYPE /DROPREP NOW without any RP

There are legit RP reasons you can use for IFF/ID disparity
(06-09-2020, 01:11 PM)Charo Wrote: [ -> ]There is no rule against it, and it's a tactic I'm surprised nobody uses. I know back in the day some people used a pirate ID with a Zoner IFF. Feel free to use your idea, just be prepared for lawfuls to give you hassle. Just make sure you have a Corsair IFF before you mount a Junker ID, otherwise the Junker rep will always overpower the Corsair one. You may need to use /droprep to lower your IFF rep for this

(06-09-2020, 12:37 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]But if I would see Corsair Dreadnought with Zoner IFF and ID(I saw it)

There is no rule against this. Anybody can fly any ship as long as their ID has that class and the ship doesn't have a special restriction

Nothing breaks yeah. But in the mentioned by me case Corsair Dreadnought + Zoner IFF AND ID. It gives power nerf to his core Wink
Back in the day I used to hang around with my Core snub around Liberty displaying Freelancer IFF, hunting Order ships Black Ops style Wink it ain't against the rules as long as it's RP driven. Otherwise it can be interpreted as display of OORP behaviour.
Pages: 1 2