Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Weapon Platforms not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have observed a number of weapon platforms from various PoB's being sieged that were not working. I cannot understand why they should not be working but wonder if this was a bug. The shield was active, but not the WP's. One base had three WP's, all conked out. I contacted the owner and it was stocked with crew, and had H-Fuel for the shields, and had repair materials.

I also wonder what the range of the WP's are and if the attacking ships are too far away, does the WP stop firing? Tried it out with my 'Kirk as far as possible, and the WP's fired, so maybe not.

Any ideas?
Good to know that you still have 2 IQ Greylock.
I didn't say that's what it is, just that it is what it reminds me of. If you have a better explanation, please share.
Sure you did buddy
( :
Lets stop the flaming.

So, what I can ascertain, there was a bug that could be exploited. Has that bug been fixed? The link that Greylock provided goes back to October 2017.
The bug is being exploited and causing some 6 months ban every now and then, yet the bug is not fixed.
I do not think that there is any progress going to happen anytime soon concerning that bug.
I recommend not building POBs until it gets fixed, otherwise, someone will use the exploit to destroy it indeed.

Why? No idea ... I think some people acting very strange
OK, that sounds interesting. Looking over the events of Red October 2017, and given it is the same faction, and that the bug has not been fixed, it would be reasonable to suggest this is the same "DUMB STUFF" we are getting now.

If the WP's are working right without the bug being exploited, how else could/would they stop firing? A dog has returned to its vomit, it seems.

Any ideas?
(06-09-2020, 05:38 AM)Sniper Wrote: [ -> ]OK, that sounds interesting. Looking over the events of Red October 2017, and given it is the same faction, and that the bug has not been fixed, it would be reasonable to suggest this is the same "DUMB STUFF" we are getting now.

If the WP's are working right without the bug being exploited, how else could/would they stop firing? A dog has returned to its vomit, it seems.

Any ideas?

If you have evidence, file a report. Otherwise, this is tantamount to a trial by forum and scarcely better than the "flaming" you shortly ago accused Venkman and Greylock of.
If anything you should back off just to avoid the risk of getting punished for something you didn't do if you see a WP not firing.
Pages: 1 2