Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nomads Are Not Food
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quote:4.5 All IDs can attack Nomads and Wild within their own Zone of Influence. All IDs may attack Nomads to protect others while outside of their Zone of Influence.

This rule is abused allowing for all non omicron factions going freely to omicrons and doing whatever they wish there. Return of Liberty Archer is just example, fighting nomads together with Corsair and Zoner Dreadnoughts.

I suggest fixing it to

Quote:4.5 All IDs can attack Nomads and Wild within their own Zone of Influence.
Just restrict caps to ZoI.
(06-09-2020, 08:19 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Just restrict caps to ZoI.

And add balanced ZOI to all IDs with capital ships.
(06-09-2020, 08:24 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2020, 08:19 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Just restrict caps to ZoI.

And add balanced ZOI to all IDs with capital ships.

Nothing too fancy just yet imo. Restricting caps to ZoI is a very easy, very simple fix that covers this issue and many more.
Moved to Rules.
Mere teaming up Sairs with Libelawfuls already constitutes a breach and should be sanctioned to beginn with.
Restricting caps to zoi - sure, if it works for core indies, why not for other non officials?
Change of wording in the rulebook won't hurt anyone either - i'd suggest swapping the defense of others clause for simply may attack in self defense only outside of zoi. It's the wild west people, every man for himself.
Unpopular opinion: Make caps cost half their price to repair when destroyed outside of their ZoI.

See, the game regulates itself! Angel
I always hated this topics ,and i always had need to speak for it . I am back in game for some small time and only real problem about nomads I see are missions humans farm in Delta. I ll dont know how much those missions are worth but seeing 5 dreads per day or more in Delta farming missions is not cool . I dont want to RP or attack someone who is farming missions cause if he wanted to RP he would collect nomad remains in Lota or so not do npc missions like single player. I dont actually think the rule is a problem since its been like that ever since i play and its natural that everyone exept wild should be able to attack nomads wherever . I think Delta is choking nomads because lot of ppl come to farm missions with several dreads . Only thing left to do is install a base to collect it so Omicron Delta metafarming becomes a real thing...What i want to say i think those missions bring random indie caps to delta not rule itself.
(06-09-2020, 10:08 PM)Elune Wrote: [ -> ]I always hated this topics ,and i always had need to speak for it . I am back in game for some small time and only real problem about nomads I see are missions humans farm in Delta. I ll dont know how much those missions are worth but seeing 5 dreads per day or more in Delta farming missions is not cool . I dont want to RP or attack someone who is farming missions cause if he wanted to RP he would collect nomad remains in Lota or so not do npc missions like single player. I dont actually think the rule is a problem since its been like that ever since i play and its natural that everyone exept wild should be able to attack nomads wherever . I think Delta is choking nomads because lot of ppl come to farm missions with several dreads . Only thing left to do is install a base to collect it so Omicron Delta metafarming becomes a real thing...What i want to say i think those missions bring random indie caps to delta not rule itself.

Honestly, I'm getting the "back and forth" experience.

The other night, it was me and like four other dudes, and the Nomads on left us alone.
Over the course of an hour, everyone just logged off and did other things, and then suddenly there were six Nomads on my ass and no backup to be found.
(and also the charming habits of "lol we outnumber him so bad we can just go sundive in Kappa if he actually does damage to us, the rest of the team will keep him pinned" are rearing their head, don't act like Nomads are victims here lol)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7