Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Combat Event] Unleashing a Monster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Unleashing a Monster
Omicron Minor
Combat event

OVERVIEW

Tonight the Nomads will unleash their strongest creation yet. Orpheus. A highly evolved Ish'tar with firepower to rival that of the strongest Gallic fleet back in their glory days. Omicron Kappa is rumoured to be the first system attacked by this monster. Stop the attacks before the Nomad is unleashed in house space.

Hidden inside this monster will be an Uncharted Artifact. Retrieve it and deliver it to a collector located in the Omicron Minor system for valuable rewards. This Artifact is of the utmost importance so delivering it to the collector is vital so that it may be researched and its power unlocked.

DETAILS

This event will be held at 7PM UTC time in Omicron Kappa where the first stage of the event will begin. Fight the nomad fleet and kill the Orpheus. The second stage of this event will involve you transporting the Uncharted Artifact in what ever way you can to the collector in Omicron Minor. You will deliver this to the ship called Special.Surprise. The location of the collector inside Omicron Minor will be kept secret. You have to find him. There you can choose from a number of rewards.

This will be avalible ONLY to the following:

All Order IDs
All Core IDs
All Nomad + Wild IDs
All Zoner IDs
All Gammu AI IDs
All Corsair IDs.

The winners of this event will be the first faction to appear and deliver the artifact to the collector. Ships of the same faction within 5k of the Collector will be eligible for a reward.

If the artifact is destroyed, it will reappear on a random ship.

Human Player Rewards

1) Credits
2) Science Data Weapons
3) An RP Commodity of your choosing (This will require GM approval)
4) FX Effect / Engine / Contrail (This will require GM approval)
5) A forum title

Nomad Player Rewards

These guys are entitled to the same rewards but they have to deliver the Artifact to Dur-Shurrikun in Omicron Iota.

Date:
19:00 UTC, Wednesday 10nd June

Rule changes:
  • Omicron Kappa will have respawns enabled to all IDs.
  • Normal respawn rules will come into effect when the Orpheus is destroyed.
  • All IDs can work together to defeat the Nomads until the Orpheus is destroyed.
  • NO SPECIAL EQUIPMENT ALLOWED TO BE USED IN THIS EVENT

NOTES

None. Have fun!
Is it Minor or Kappa after all? Fighting this in Minor would be a cancer, unless it is outside of the nebula.
Quote:Omicron Kappa will have respawns enabled to all IDs. This DOES NOT include Nomads.

Can we log nomad, die and then log e.g. Order?
(06-10-2020, 03:45 PM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]Can we log nomad, die and then log e.g. Order?

Yes, that is fine.

(06-10-2020, 03:40 PM)Genocide Jill Wrote: [ -> ]Is it Minor or Kappa after all? Fighting this in Minor would be a cancer, unless it is outside of the nebula.

Omicron Kappa for the fighting.
Can I bring the RV-Pennybrooke?

Can I bring a K'Hara, die, and then bring the RV-Pennybrooke?
Interesting seems its time to check how cool Order ships can fights
(06-10-2020, 03:36 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]NO CLOAKS ALLOWED IN THIS EVENT

I assume that means not using a cloak. A cloak can be mounted, right?
Why can't the Nomads/Wilde respawn?
(06-10-2020, 06:02 PM)NonSequitor Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't the Nomads/Wilde respawn?

They can, after the flagship has died.
Guessing the flagship will be a monstrosity and otherwise impossible to take down
So respawns will be enabled for Nomads too but if things become a bit too difficult then I will look at changing things.

And no special equipment allowed either seeing as people were going to abuse them :3

Thus I have removed the following reward for nomad players:

Code:
Nomads will be rewarded for every blue they get. Keep a screenshot of all blues that are made.
Pages: 1 2 3