Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pardons & Forgiveness Event
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Community,

For a while, I have been thinking about how long we've had the ability to play this nice old game, how long our community has stood, how good people here endure in our memories, and how controversial others may be around there amongst us, cursed by their past deeds - things they may have regretted even while they were participating in them.

We can give a lot of people another chance - this start of a new decade, the closing of "International/Global Forgiveness Day" (typically celebrated between July and August), the potential end of the COVID-19 crisis. Those of us that have endured, those that have been pardoned, our new lineup of leaders and people that service the community as its staff - this is all a request to you.

Please consider giving everyone a second chance, like the game's protagonist Edison Trent had, like many of us have had in our lives. Since this was not planned - and had not been suggested (at least in a long while, certainly not by me), I request that this is given serious thought. I would guess that many people that may be ban-evading would be requested to confess to DiscoveryGC Staff, some people that may have once cheated and have successfully and secretly started again could also be formally and truly pardoned.

Potentially beyond that, and even if this request is denied, remembering that forgiving is not only something that humans can do for others' welfare, but for their own heart just as well - for cleansing it, for sowing seeds of love that can hold our small world together, and can easily affect our larger worlds and universe.

Microsoft's FREELANCER (2003-2008)
DiscoveryGC's FREELANCER (2005-202 )

Let's give everyone another chance, Discovery; it's not about deserving or not - because if it were, how many of us are truly innocent?

Poll is up.

Cordial regards to everyone
I feel like everyones going to break serious rules like the day before the pardon event lol
Sounds like something incredibly stupid
I personally believe in redemption, quite some time has passed for many whom may have been banned in the past. Hopefully they've grown up.

Besides, if we have people who come back and immediate break rules, then they immediately get perma banned again. They take this second chance and make the most of it, or lose it all forever.
Purge?
I never got this - are the Admins seriously throwing IP bans around a lot? Do people have the same IP for years anyways?

What is stopping anyone who got permabanned to just quietly start from a sunburst again and regrinded from 25k unnoticed, assuming a new identity
No. Permabanned people were permabanned for good reasons mostly. Why should we give them extra chances outside of normal procedure?
Do you realize that all permabanned, could do in a half of a year their attempt to ask for forgiveness, there's I think even some sort to of template even how to do it?

P.S. Perhaps there's no template, but everything could be done if person wants to change. Hmm, perhaps there's template, I just can't find it.
Unban Burak, Unban Bloogal, Unban Fozboy and the Church of Jiub.
How can thou forgive that which is foreign to thyself.
Pages: 1 2 3