Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thumb War X: The Stacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright Ladies & Gentlemen, allow myself to introduce yourselves to a game called,

“The Stacks (or, The Rise & Fall of Jenga Fett)”

What it is, is basically an inbred cousin of “Epic Tunes” & it works like this:

The stack starts with one song...for example:

Nine Inch Nails- The Beginning Of The End

Then, The next poster is expected to post two songs by using two words from the 1st title, such as:

The Velvet Underground- Beginning To See The Light

Metallica- The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

To be clear, articles such as ‘the, a, an, of,’ ect. are not allowed, so, the only words to work with above are ‘beginning & end’

From there, it works like this: The third poster adds 3 new songs. This time, for the first song, the words to choose from are, ‘beginning, see, & light’...for the second song, 'fray(ed), end(s), & sanity.’

The third song to be added can come from any word from any previous song in the post. In this case, ‘beginning, see, light, fray(ed) end(s) & sanity.

Like this:

The Doors- I Can’t See Your Face In My Mind
The Snivelling Shi*s- There Ain’t No Sanity Clause

The Smiths- There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

...& it keeps on going like that, and the stack grows by one with each post.

It does get more & more difficult as the list gets larger, & it’s highly encouraged not to recycle songs already posted, so I would ask not to sabotage the stack with obscure, single word titles, & when possible, choose the more wordy titles out there.

BAD: Pink Floyd- Sysyphus (Part I-IV)
GOOD: Pink Floyd- Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict

Next, keep in mind that the band is irrelevant. Additions to the stacks can only come from the titles. However, one is free to post as many tunes from the same band as they can get away with.

The band name ONLY comes into play when someone crashes the stack (or, more specifically, can’t find a new song to add)...in which case, the new stack starts with a different song in a new post from the last band in the previous stack.

Almost lastly, I ask that, unlike the “Epic Tunes” thread, that y’all post hyperlinks akin to the examples I’ve given above instead of vids...because the larger a stack grows, the more of a headache that scrolling becomes.

And finally, I ask that if the thread happens to stall out, that y'all give it 24 hrs. before double posting, so that we can be fair to others & prevent solo kamikaze spamming.

The old Thumb War stack record is 11, so any poster that stacks 10 tunes, I will pay out $1M creds to the character of their choice.

For the next poster that adds the 11th, I'll pay 1.5M...after that, I'll add another half mill at song 15 ($2M) & another 2mill at 20 ($4M)

I’m open to any suggestions from anyone regarding rule tweaks, simplifications, or payouts...Just PM me.
Let's get on with it then

They Might Be Giants- Don't Let's Start
Curse you SlaveLabour for your ninja ways and your editing, but thanks for the word I guess :-p
Can we get away with inflections and/or compound words??

Daryl Hall & John Oates - Out of Touch, Out of Time
Foo Fighters - Long Road to Ruin
Don McLean - American Pie
Air Supply - All Out of Love
Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.

Savage Garden - I Want You

Good songs with long titles are a rare thing, google might help with that but didn't want to cheat this time
(06-16-2020, 07:30 AM)Touchmenot Wrote: [ -> ]Curse you SlaveLabour for your ninja ways and your editing, but thanks for the word I guess :-p
Sorry, I misunderstood the rules for the last track, so I had to replace it.
(06-16-2020, 07:30 AM)Touchmenot Wrote: [ -> ]Can we get away with inflections and/or compound words??

I'm perfectly cool w/ compound words...& maybe inflections too IF you explain what you mean exactly. Fair 'nuff?

BTW...Y’all Rock! I has proof nau! That’s how to call the ball! Smile

You guy's ninja'd me twice now, so I'll be back after I rebuild my list again :/ heh!
(06-16-2020, 07:45 AM)Marburg Wrote: [ -> ]I'm perfectly cool w/ compound words...& maybe inflections too IF you explain what you mean exactly. Fair 'nuff?

Just things like suffixes that change the gramatical meaning of the word eg: America, American, Americas etc. you haven't brought it up so I'm guessing it's ok :-)

edit: should also ask about translated titles while I'm at it so we can add songs that aren't from the anglosphere.
Pages: 1 2