Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Message to the Zoner Council
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Incoming transmission...
Recipient: The Zoner Council
Communications ID: Alejandro Castilla, Corsair Guardian

Hola senors y senoritas of the Zoner Council, my name is Alejandro Castilla. I'm a husband, a protector, but most importantly a Corsair. I have decided to forward this troubling message to the Zoner Council, because this abusing of the Freeport laws conducted by the Bounty Hunters can not continue. It is completely outrageous!

We the Corsairs, just as all informed beings are well aware of the no-firing laws that are set around various Freeports across the Sirius. The Corsairs also respect this law and understands the need for a neutral ground.

But several incidents have occurred with Bounty Hunters abusing this rule to a ridiculous point. A common tactic is to attack Omicron Gamma, killing dozens of our Corsair brethrens to provoke and fuel us with rage, and then when we counter-attack these... evil men they run away like cowards. Where is their escape destination? Freeport-9. And as we chase them, with bitter hatred for what damage they have caused to the Corsairs, stealing some of our pilot's lives, they then... have the guts to complain at the no-firing law set by the Zoners. That we are breaking this law, and they sit there around the Freeport-9 further mocking us on how pathetic beings we are. Surely, they want to attract fire. They are endangering Zoner Stations by abusing this law!

I ask you, to please ban these foul Bounty Hunters from abusing this law, and stop allowing them docking-rights when they delibertly attack us and bring the battle to your stations.

Gracias for listening. Adios.

Signed - Alejandro Castilla

Ending transmission...
Comm ID: Malaclypse

Sr. Castilla,

While I am not currently a Delegate to the Council, sir, I think that your concerns are valid. I believe that is why, when on a quest to Corinth today, I saw no less than three Zoner vessels in the close vicinity. To me, this was very reassuring. It seems to show that the Zoner Community is aware of this issue, and is monitoring it clcosely.

As to banning the Hunters? You seem to be asking the Council to set some sort of precedent here. In the past, the Council has refused requests to ban the vessels of other factions, including your own. The name Freeport very aptly states the case, I believe.

But abuses of our hospitality can and have been addressed in the past. When the Council has been presented with concrete evidence, it has acted.

I forgive the intrusion, Chairman Archer. Kyte will f course represent the TAZ in Council deliberations.

[font=Fixedsys]From: Werner Mazursky
To: Alejandro Castilla
Cc: Council of Zoners
Topic: violating the freeport rules

[font=Palatino Linotype]Dear Senor Castilla,

As you know, I have been the direct witness of the situation you describe. As a contribution to the discussion, let me try to express how it looked from my cockpit.

As I approached Freeport 9, I suddenly saw a cloud of fighters, torpedoes, mines and shots covering the station, making it look more like a military training area. As you can imagine, in such moment one doesn't think about who provoked whom -- one sees two groups of pilots ruining his home, and the only thing you want in such a moment is to put a stop to it. Fortunatelly the fighting groups reacted and increased the distance to Freeport and the fight was to end in a short time - but some bad taste remained.

After this, both sides accused each other of violating the Zoner rules as the first ones. And as you can imagine, I have no objective grounds for reporting to our Chairman whose version is the true one. Of course I have my beliefs, but it is meaningless in case of a formal proceedings.

So I fully support the opinion of Episkopos Malaclypse - please provide us with at least basic proves. We all have a strong interrest in keeping peace at our bases, so it is in our interest to remove the source of the aggression. But please, give us the chance to do it. I will be the first volounteer to help at it then.

In addition to the point above, I would add the following one. Please see to it that you don't breake our rules yourself. Having let yourself provoked, you take away from us the possibility to admit one side is right, where both of them violate our laws.

With respect,
Dr Werner Mazursky
Zoners Trading Consortium Ltd.

Quick edit: Malaclypse is a male, darnit, regardless of those nice pix of Eris as avvie and siggy. M.
Comm ID: J.Archer,
Chairman of the Zoner Council,

Subject: NFZ violation(s)

Dr.Werner and Maclypse are right,
provide us with more detailed evidence,

sometimes an picture can say more then a 1000 words,

J.Archer Out.
Incoming transmission...
Recipient: The Zoner Council
Communications ID: Alejandro Castilla, Corsair Guardian

I understand the need for evidence. Zoners who functions as a neutral party on this matter, there would be nothing more logical.

Unfortunately, I have not gathered concrete camshots but it is due to one problem: How can I prove that Bounty Hunters attacks the Corsairs in Omicron Gamma which provokes our aggression, to then retreat to a Freeport and abuse the Zoner laws?

It sounds like a difficult task to prove that everything occurred in the same time line, however, since this is what you are requiring then I shall as soon as possible gather the camshots. I will contact the Zoner Council once I have compiled the evidence.

As to Werner Mazursky, I deeply apologize for any damage that I have caused during the event you were mentioning. Although I can not judge and think for any Corsair besides myself, you have my word that Zoner Stations will not receive unintentional shots from my cannons.

This transmission frequency will be resurrected once the evidence is gathered, until then - Adios.

Signed - Alejandro Castilla

Ending transmission...
::incoming transmission::

comm id: Malachite, Core hunter
subject: freeport 9 NFZ

message begins:
--------------------------------------------------------

Guten tag,

I would like to comment on the corsair statement.

Thankfully Zoners have always been smart enough to listen to 2 sides of every story. so I will tell the Hunter side jah?

Yesterday FP9 was again under fire. myself and 2 other hunters were undocking and trying to leave when an Outcast destroyer opened fire near FP9. then some corsairs showed up and started fighting with the outcast destroyer, another outcast destroyer then joined the fight. I think it came from the Eta jh jah?

the fight was at a mere 2.3 k distance from the freeport.

aber warte, er ist mehr.

then a corsair Osiris battleship showed up. it started fiiring without as much of a warining while it was lying in front of the docks of the FP. it must`ve hit the FP sehr viel. repeated hails to cease feuer remained unanswered as the Osiris kept fiiring. sereval zoner patrol ships were destroyed. to make matters worse, the other corsair ships that fought the Outcast destroyers earlier also joined in and started fiiring at point blank range of the FP. we had to retreat to save the FP from being destroyed by stray corsair feuer. That cost us a Battlecruiser.

ich suggest dass die corsairs first get their own act together, before blaming hunters. I enjoy the hospitality of the zoners not just because it is the only haven in Theta, but also because FP 9 ist einer nice place to stay. so, refrain from blowing it up please, you hotheaded poopiles.

Malachite out.

-----------------------------
end of message.
Everyone kep refering to the Zoner rules..... What Zoner rules? Were are they, do they really exist? If so, please direct me to them.
Comm ID: Malaclypse, Chairman, CoZ

I see you are still searching, pilot. I commend you on your diligence.

I will be the first to admit that the required data is somewhat "hidden" at present.

We at one time had separate laws for Freeport 9, for Freeport 11, and for Freeport 1.

Rest assured the Council of Zoners is currently trying to standardize all "laws" for proper behavior at Zoner facilities. In fact, we have just voted to standardize the "NFZ" distance around ALL Zoner bases and planets, for simplicity and consistency.

I am currently awaiting contact from Elizabeth Tate and Captain Trogdor regarding the rules they previously established for their respective "charges". Once they are included in our Council discussion, we hope to have a single, concise document, in huge bold font, in a conspicuous place.

Thank you for your patience,
Chairman Mal
Incoming transmission
To: Council of Zoners

it?s always the same history, a bunch of Good intended peacelovers Bounty Hunters picking flowers around Freeport 9 or Freeport 5 (usualy in a gunboat or bigger), and a bunch of Evil and Violent gruop of Corsairs come from nowere and ruin the picnic.
Lets be seriuos, its pretty difficult to understand WHY the zoners allow to the BH ships to openly operate from your bases Right next of our home, and allow to dock their ships with the cargo bays full of our brothers, and if WE try to rescue them, we are vicious and violent pirates who violate your NFZ. But when your cargo ships come to our home full of food, we treat you like saviors and friends of Crete, in return we let you take Artifacts, Precious Artifacts, and the money in your accounts grow fast when you make your dirty busniess at the Houses. Maybe we arent so sophisticated and educated like you, but we arent stupids, and the ecuation of FP 5 and FP 9 is no giving the right number, im not the only one who think this...

Transmission Ended
*sigh*
Pages: 1 2