Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: PoBs Near NPC Stations of Same Affiliation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any chance of the devs moving PoBs 10 km away from the NPC stations that share the same affiliation?

The current situation with NPC base huggers often using PoB defenses is detrimental to gameplay. The attacker has to contend with both the PoB defenses and his/her opponent, the base hugger may inadvertently hit the PoB and thus becomes a target, and the attacker may inadvertently hit the PoB, which is unfortunate.
If weapons platforms could be put away when bases are not being sieged, I think we'd have a lot less area denial POBs.
A good compromise, if technically possible.

After all, the issue at hand are the defenses.
(06-17-2020, 09:18 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]If weapons platforms could be put away when bases are not being sieged, I think we'd have a lot less area denial POBs.

making them with HP/shield equal to Anomaly Shields and turnable on/off by command with the new-made rule
Quote:#?.? Weapon platforms are allowed to be turned on only during an active attack declaration to base.

That would solve two issues at the same time.
Plus their attack buff could be even allowed then since they would stop being area denial and would work only as base defense.
If POBs were having balanced rules/regulations, then players wouldn't have built POBs near the NPC bases.
If discovery server administration was more strict about a heavy sanctioning system towards the abusers and exploiters of POBs game mechanics' bugs, then players wouldn't have build POBs near the NPC bases. If we are not blessed by groups solely seeking the destruction of POBs ooRP and fix minimal unacceptable low quality and unfair RP, then players wouldn't have built POBs near the NPC bases.

In shorter notes, Fix the POB rules/regulations and evaporate the exploiters of game mechanic's bugs by giving them a permanent ban, then the good game spirit will be restored automatically and players will build at least 90% of their POBs away from NPC bases so at least they can create a good activity for an area away from NPC bases.

Also, area denial will disappear eventually.
Keep those bugs and exploiters around and it will keep getting worse and worse

When fair POB rules/regulations are implemented then let us discuss area denials and POBs located close to NPC bases fairly.
Add to that the number of players who are leaving the server because ot that unbalanced POBs rules/regulations/bugs
(06-17-2020, 09:32 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2020, 09:18 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]If weapons platforms could be put away when bases are not being sieged, I think we'd have a lot less area denial POBs.

making them with HP/shield equal to Anomaly Shields and turnable on/off by command with the new-made rule
Quote:#?.? Weapon platforms are allowed to be turned on only during an active attack declaration to base.

That would solve two issues at the same time.
Plus their attack buff could be even allowed then since they would stop being area denial and would work only as base defense.

Better Alternative, weapon platforms become activated only if base registered damage made at least equal to 5 Heavy Battleship Mortar shots done in the last half of an hour.
(06-17-2020, 09:56 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]Better Alternative, weapon platforms become activated only if base registered damage made at least equal to 5 Heavy Battleship Mortar shots done in the last half of an hour.

Not sure if I like that Idea, I think one Such hit makes a lot more since, and it Activates when Hit happens. the point is to make bases stronger against attacks. if not your giving the Enemy to the base a fair amount of Free shots. It would never Activate with Accidental Shooting but a Mortar have to be aimed at the base 99% of the time to hit one.
Any weapon will make it 99% after single hit because 100% is possible only when a base has no hp losses
I'm all for giving players the ability to hide their WPs. Many if not most of them will do that when their base is not threatened.
If that is implemented, hiding WPs can be further incentivized by applying a credit/repair commodities consumption for deployed defense modules.
Want area denial POB - pay some additional price on top of basic maintenance.
(06-17-2020, 09:16 PM)NonSequitor Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of the devs moving PoBs 10 km away from the NPC stations that share the same affiliation?

The current situation with NPC base huggers often using PoB defenses is detrimental to gameplay. The attacker has to contend with both the PoB defenses and his/her opponent, the base hugger may inadvertently hit the PoB and thus becomes a target, and the attacker may inadvertently hit the PoB, which is unfortunate.

I got sanctioned when I was 14 for saying dumb things cos I was angry at this exact scenario. But now I'm older my question becomes: Why are we so horny to get the kill anyway? Just let them go or sit back and RP a bit more, if they turn to get you and you're wounded there isn't anything wrong with retreating except you're insulted that they cheesed you. You'll get them another day I'm sure.

Also Xenon is right. As long as people are exploiting an unfair and unbalanced rule(s) /mechanic to their full advantage and partaking in toxic behaviour, people will avoid the toxicity. Hence they build their POB's by natural deterrence's. Hence NL has 3 stations with WP's galore right now. Because of that exact thing. It's less to do with it's unfair there and more to do with it's unfair elsewhere. Back to "Hence they build their POB's by natural deterrence's. "

Edit: If we perma ban them all however, the exploits will become known less and able to be abused more maliciously. We need exploiters to act as bug testers for the rules and mechanics in place.
Pages: 1 2