Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Final decision.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After having one hell of a headstroke thinking about what do on this community. I have finally decided to stop giving it effort into it.

I have tried my hardest this time to get into roleplay as this is my first roleplay community i have ever gotten into. I was interested because i wanted to practice story and character developing skills for personal reasons i wont explain here.

I found gratifying helping new players finding ways to make money, and get started, i personally dedicated hours into refilling goldgeist and omega ore depot's ore stocks so players could get notable profit. I found that my actions helped players and contributed to the community. That is what made me stick around.

Then, on these last days, one group of players, just because they have much more resources, experience, and time than others, decided to destroy all of that. Just because they can do it. And we were powerless.

That toxic and hostile mentality did its job and has gotten to me. Congratulations. You win.

You are literally fun bandits. You drive people away, and you will eat eachother when there are no more food.

Im sure you will think "oh wow you are taking this too seriously, you are too emotional". Thats the thing, im very emotional and i take things very much to heart. You dont know me after all.

I have been going through so much shit these last 2 months, first my bastard of a father dies of the coronavirus, escaping from justice from all the years he abused me, and after after i start rebuilding myself, i find that my efforts on this community are now meaningless.

So, screw it all, if everything i do wont matter, when why bother.

No, im not giving my ships away. Maybe Ramke if he wants them.
Goodbye and good luck out there
Why did you nuke comm that people replied to though?
Justice comes in many forms my friend maybe the Coronavirus was his karma catching up with him!!

One Love brother and stay frosty out there!
It is sad to see another player leaving because of the same toxic actions and yet no serious remedy is happening. You are not the first or the last one as it seems my friend. I wish you the best of luck in any other gaming community that you would join Smile - Don't mind some of the answers here to your thread, because some people get joy when they grief other people. Yeah, I know, it is a psychological problem in behavior .... Some people are seriously sick and infecting everything they touch Wink

It was a pleasure having you on discovery server for a while.
Thanks for filling Omega Ore Depot
Thanks for filling Goldhiest
I am assuming you are on about a PoB being destroyed? Why don't you try something else. There is so so much more to discovery then PoBs.
(06-29-2020, 04:27 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: [ -> ]everything i do wont matter

Doing things just because they suppose to matter will make you disappointed every time. Even if they do matter.

Not just in games.
Sorry to hear mate. I watched OOD go down, and it went down fast. Since RH has no feedback thread, I'll leave it hear, that of Omega-3, Omega-7, Omega-2 and Omega-5...there is one Red Hessian base, in O5, blocked by a no mans land of mines and opposed by a Corsairs base.

It makes no sense to me that the Hessians even still have ZOI in Omega-3 at all, and it makes no sense they can just sit there in the NFZ on the edge of Bretonia's border completely owning the area. That is Hessian space not Bretonian. I know many would say just pay them, but the RH ID is an anomaly that basically never should have been given battleships or carriers. And their caps at the very least shouldnt be able to own the FP1 junction like that.

Long story short, personally when we see base purges, and not much being said or done by the dev team, it says they don't care, and I theorize some staff are ok to let things go on purpose. Sadly all of this is going on while there is a wait for POB changes that might make things a little better. Otherwise you might be right, something isn't right here. Why the aggressors here seem to be favored by the team over those using these bases is beyond me. And in the end, a few changes to what we can do in game might help.

But the balance thing is where the battle is. I suggest using Repair ships on POB's to help try to keep them afloat longer. But the other side simply argues, that they have to be able to easily destroy any base from a smaller group with no real opposition. It wouldnt bother me if sieges took weeks instead of 2 days, because they had to deal with more in game.

Like if ships siegeing bases stayed pvp dead for 2 days, and small groups could work for weapons like NEMP's, you guys could have kept it alive a lot longer. Otherwise we accept the balance here as those with troll cap fleets own whatever they want. I'm cool with this place being 24/7, it all comes down to what you can do in the game to fight.

There kind of is something wrong when we have a game where players are building bases and the ones knocking them down don't even bother with them themselves. Wow it must feel brave and epic to take out a base when you have nothing of your own to risk in return. I really don't get how you guys have the hard time and the Hessians laugh the whole time.

Not only that, but then they actually tried to make you guys seem cowardly while they taunted you as they sat next to their huge fleet, acting brave while knowing it was no contest. Gotta love these toxic kids.
Good luck!
I did use your PoBs as an indie
Thank you for stocking them

It is a shame people find joy in taking down something that was maintained for years and helped countless indies for a few pretty boring hours of sieging
I 100% agree with your complaints and empathize with your decision to leave this trainwreck of a community - the only reason I don't do the same is that I don't have the commitment and investment you had, which means for me less to win or lose out of all this - but did you really have to be an open book about your life and your father?

Not that people don't necessarily care, but it's personal stuff that you normally don't reveal to others, for your own good.
Pages: 1 2