Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lore Forum Feedback thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anticipating that some of the sub-forums threads might be clogged up by questions.

I've posted this here thread for that purpose!
(07-05-2020, 10:57 PM)Hokan Wrote: [ -> ]Shorts should not be used to canonise a player character or player faction,

Can you give an example of a story not that does not mention a player character or faction? Dont we all use characters and role play stories with them? This does not make sense to me.

(07-05-2020, 10:57 PM)Hokan Wrote: [ -> ]Shorts should not be used to canonise roleplay by players

Might as well just do RCR. Oh wait that isnt really worth it.
(07-05-2020, 11:49 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2020, 10:57 PM)Hokan Wrote: [ -> ]Shorts should not be used to canonise a player character or player faction,

Can you give an example of a story not that does not mention a player character or faction? Dont we all use characters and role play stories with them? This does not make sense to me.

This is for people who like to write, and would like to get their stories canonised without the RCR and the process with it. It comes with its own rules and guidelines as its intended for the forum, not infocards.

(07-05-2020, 11:49 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2020, 10:57 PM)Hokan Wrote: [ -> ]Shorts should not be used to canonise roleplay by players

Might as well just do RCR. Oh wait that isnt really worth it.

Can't help you there.
Give an example of "like to write". Write about what? people here role play their characters and the things they do. Also isnt the dev team like super busy with a back log of stuff? Adding more stuff to an overburdened team does not seem smart.
So this is pretty much just a small way for the community to contribute to story development, without the need to start a character, work for half a year and spend half a billion credits.

Neat. I'll be sure to keep this in mind if I have any ideas pop up.
Here's one of the reactions to the Short Story post. I hope it gives you some clarity Kalh.

Code:
WerdackelYesterday at 23:09
Ahaha
oh boy
made up companies belonging to the Keiretsu
doing some stuff
SO MANY POSSIBILITIES
An Order patrol at an outer region of O-Minor
A lost wanderer stumbling upon an unstable JH
all such stuff
thanks for pushing this lol
Disco from now on: War pews, Gov RP, short stories
gg
(07-06-2020, 12:12 AM)Hokan Wrote: [ -> ]Here's one of the reactions to the Short Story post. I hope it gives you some clarity Kalh.

Code:
WerdackelYesterday at 23:09
Ahaha
oh boy
made up companies belonging to the Keiretsu
doing some stuff
SO MANY POSSIBILITIES
An Order patrol at an outer region of O-Minor
A lost wanderer stumbling upon an unstable JH
all such stuff
thanks for pushing this lol
Disco from now on: War pews, Gov RP, short stories
gg

At least someone is happy...

This does not really fit in what Discovery is.. Where would you post this? CNS news? A forum section for "Cannonized Lore" If it does not make it into the game then is it really worth it? No. No its not.

Edit: But hey if people want to do it then good for them.
There is the chance that, if its canonised as a short story. It can be referenced in game.

And the Lore Forum is to store additional lore.
(07-06-2020, 01:09 AM)Hokan Wrote: [ -> ]There is the chance that, if its canonised as a short story. It can be referenced in game.

And the Lore Forum is to store additional lore.

(07-06-2020, 12:04 AM)Hokan Wrote: [ -> ]This is for people who like to write, and would like to get their stories canonised without the RCR and the process with it. It comes with its own rules and guidelines as its intended for the forum, not infocards.

So how would they be reference in game?
I think it's a neat idea, if I actually got around to writing stuff I'd like to throw something in. Fail to see any important downsides
Pages: 1 2 3