Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: -> 67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: 1OhLyHQ.gif]

to: <"67">
reg: ""<chess>""

Operative.

If you're done throwing temper tantrums about how hard decisions are akin to the end of the world, there's some work to be done. Particularly work of the "diplomatic" variety to ensure a proper balance of power with our new neighbors.

""up for it?""

[Image: ZgnavNI.png]
[Image: Dtp7iO0.gif]

> Comm ID: Sixty-Seven
> Location: Data Corrupted
> Destination ID: XA-Cobra
> Subject: Pawn for a King
> Priority: Phantom

Surprising.

Perhaps you give me a chance to redeem myself?

I'll do what needs to be done, no questions or temper tantrums from a spoiled libertonian silver spoon with daddy issues. What are the details?

Sixty-Seven out.

Attachments: N/A

The Atacama Cohort.

They're a disgruntled bunch of former Legionnaires who splintered off because of the Commonwealth's political rhetoric, same things we took issue with. I'm told they made use of Gaian technology, and in the time since I was given this information, we displaced a major hub of Gaian activity on the Liberty border.

Safe to say we may or may not have just cut them off from any avenue of supplies and actual assistance. But I'm not so cruel as to starve them out when we share the same ideas. Try to reach an understanding with them, get them to see things from our perspective and maybe we can resume whatever arrangement they had with the old administration of Leyte.

Needless to say, I am very much inclined to guarantee their independence against potential elimination by the Insurgency. The new self appointed aristocrats of Vespucci are bound to be more than happy to cement their rule over all that clay by any means necessary. It's too much power, too quickly. We need to curtail that, but not directly. The Cohort's a good wedge for the job.

The reason I'm delegating this to you is plausible deniability. You're a number with no face, a potentially independent actor with your own interests. It's easy enough to perform damage control under those circumstances, even if you fail. But the real question remains.

""can you get it done?""

> Subject: Turncoats In Need

The Atacama Cohort...

Huh.

Fancy my interest peaked, though I won't promise anything, I have no way of properly predicting the outcome of these relations, all I can promise is I'll do my best to handle the situation, I'm not sure they'll even wish to talk with us after what happened in Magellan, but necessity breeds stranger truths than fiction could ever hope to create. I'll see what I can do. We got any idea who leads them?

Sixty-Seven out.

No.

The only link from their side who we're aware of is a Major Justin Blake. From his rank I'm sure you can draw necessary conclusions. I personally doubt he's their leader, but I have no way to be certain of what exact structure they operate under. That's going to have to be something you'll need to figure out.

Remember, discretion is key here.

""good luck""

Operative.

It's been a while, give me a status report. I'm not sure why you haven't already.

""have you made contact?""

> Subject: Atacama

Failure

They ended the game before it ever began, Fleet Captain Leonard Harrington effectively told me to screw myself, even after I attempted to fuel his sense of kinsmanship. They have no interest in our aid.

Sixty-Seven out.