Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Unknown] Mouse input lagging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
====================
Type: Server
Bug: Mouse input lagging
====================

Music of the game starts to lag and suddently the mouse cursor starts too in a way that avoid me to play. I checked it's not a mouse issue because it happens only in game and when there are many people at the same time.
I can't imagine this being a bug related to the server.

Please check your hardware statistics when this happens - I'm nearly certain it's your computer.

Does the same happen on any different computer?
(07-06-2020, 04:53 PM)Ramke Wrote: [ -> ]I can't imagine this being a bug related to the server.

Please check your hardware statistics when this happens - I'm nearly certain it's your computer.

Does the same happen on any different computer?

There's who just told me I'm not the only. My hardware is fine.
Does this happen in any particular system? Any system?
(07-06-2020, 04:58 PM)Ramke Wrote: [ -> ]Does this happen in any particular system? Any system?

It happens when there's more people. I don't know that precisely
I can confirm this, as it happens to me as well. Usually when I'm mining and there are npcs around. Yesterday it happened when I was in a bomber randomly.

This started occurring after the server change.
I confirm it's not my hardware and devices and more people are at the same location, more early the input lag comes.
Oh, I had (I really hope so) the same problem on the weekend!

From my personal observations, this bug most often manifests itself in three conditions:
  1. In equipment (especially in "Ammunition" tab) or commodity dealer window. Appears when you click on an item and "Select quantity" slider is displayed. Disappears when you close the window. Doesn't appear in other menus.
  2. In chat window when there is a lot of text and you begin to move the scroll bar. Doesn't appear if you don't touch the scroll bar. Doesn't appear if there is little text in the chat, even if you try to scroll.
  3. From time to time appears in space when there are a lot of players around. Appears accidental. No special conditions were noticed except for the number of ships nearby.

I took three steps and after that the bug didn't appear for two days. During this time I tried to cause the bug on purpose, and participated in several major battles. So far so good. Three steps, yah:
  1. I performed a "standby" BIOS reset. I didn't have any changes there, but still did it. As saying goes: if you ran into a problem and don't know what to do – reboot your PC. Well, in my opinion, the next "by the way" step – reset your BIOS.
  2. I turned off NVIDIA GeForce Experience capture overlay – ShadowPlay.
  3. I checked some PC components and systems for problems: tried to turn on/off "Enhance pointer precision" Windows feature (no difference); increased paging file size from 4096MB to 8192MB (still fine for 16GB RAM, anyway); tracked the temperature and voltage of CPU, GPUs, RAM and drives (nothing abnormal); checked drives for errors (have some problems with HDD, but both SSD and M2 is totally fine), tried to change mouse MRR, DPI/CPI (no difference).

A-and my personal thoughts about this, yah... The bug didn't appear for two days, as I mentioned before. I just described here everything I did. Just so you have something to start with. For example, the third point you can almost certainly skip, tbh. I know some other games have similar problems due to cache errors. Also, the problem may be in NVIDIA graphic card driver (last one, I mean). I'm not sure that there is a dependence on the number of players, since the first time I encountered this bug in SP. Just in case – I have only installed default DFL bloom and SwagPack. I didn't check more precisely to be sure, because I'm lazy, but I think that the problem was in ShadowPlay. Sort of wanted to say something else but forgot because I sleepy, sorry.

Never happened to me while I was docked, but only outside. In the past week or so it happened many times and I've noticed that when I'm mining, my fluct goes from 4-10ms. In some past cap fights the mouse lagged heavily, it gotten to a point where I wasn't able to do anything but wait for it to pass, after doing /ping I've noticed 30% lag and all other crap while my internet was perfectly fine.

Could it be the routing?
It happened to me about five times this weekend. And this has never happened before. A-and I hope this doesn't happen again. Don't know about routing... Doubt, to be honest. Do you have NVIDIA? Anyway, try to turn all your overlays off, at least.

If nothing helps, Alt-Tab helps in 100% of cases, so you don't need to wait when in battle. Don't let this bug make you an easy target! Aww
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6