Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: BBC - Hacker Dissolves Parliament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: CNwiaZq.png]
[Image: UznhzGH.png?1]

[Image: iAhPvlG.png?1] 827 AS - Hacker Dissolves Parliament
[Image: zNAGUUC.png?1] 827 AS - Gaian Arrested on Cambridge Research Station
[Image: iAhPvlG.png?1] 827 AS - Commons Threaten No Confidence
[Image: zNAGUUC.png?1] 827 AS - Exeter Real Estate Prices Down 9% Since Carlisle News
[Image: iAhPvlG.png?1] 827 AS - "Swords Into Ploughshares" is Back?
[Image: zNAGUUC.png?1] 827 AS - Las Palmas Stocks Sold out Amidst Value Soar
[Image: zNAGUUC.png?1] 827 AS - Cryer Announces Successful Field Trial
[Image: iAhPvlG.png?1] 827 AS - Cracks Forming in Crown Royalist Party

Hacker Dissolves Parliament
NEW LONDON - Yesterday, after having consulted with the queen, prime minister James Hacker called both Houses of the Parliament to convene this morning. Hacker opened the session by reading a speech, by which he dissolved the Parliament and called for parliamentary elections. He blamed the Commons for violating the Constitution by attempting to deal with foreign affairs and blamed instability within the Commons and their inability to agree on a decision as the main reasons for his decision.

This maneuver was entirely constitutional, as the Governing Constitutional Document of the Realm and Empire of Bretonia states that "If the government is unable to successfully pass its Bills before Parliament then either the Monarch must choose a new Prime Minister or Parliament must be dissolved". The dissolution of the Parliament will only be temporary and will last until the elections are finished, which Hacker appointed for Saturday and Sunday this week. The results should be known by Monday.

Hacker said that it was a "heavy decision to choose this course of action, especially for Her Majesty, who rarely involves herself in party politics", but that it was necessary in order to re-establish control over the Royalists and mend the schism.

The BBC has contacted MP Wesley Melbourne, head of the newly formed Whig Party, and MP Robert Bailey, head of the Social Democratic Federation. Both of them told us that they will have a statement ready tomorrow. Stay tuned with the BBC.

The BBC retains the right to select from these contributions based on editorial requirements and subject to online terms and conditions and BBC editorial guidelines. For more information about how the BBC handles your personal data, see here.

Comments:
Sorted by oldest:

001. AnthonyWalker798_Leeds
10.07.826 15:15

[Image: wp7QZoe.jpg?1]

WTB Garage on Leeds
[Image: AVYLaiM.jpg]
1 9241

002. ThatOneBretbong
10.07.827 14:50

Heavy decision my a...

Just get it over with, Hacker. We all know you're doing this because for once in their sad careers the commons had the balls to oppose you and your clique. Get the hell out. And take whoever's going to be your puppet successor with you.
19462 11596

003. LukasKellerOfficial
10 Jul 827 13:31

I'll have to start keeping record of how many times the Parliament is going to undergo dissolution every time policy deviates from the acceptable norms imposed by the ruling elite. If it is unconstitutional for commons to concern itself with the plight of those it is intended to serve, then a whole host of things currently being committed on Nottingham should also see such prompt redressal. But then where would all your campaign money come from, I wonder?

Now if you'll pardon me, I need to oversee an evacuation effort, because another residential block has just flooded mid-blackout.
146335 24542

[Image: yqg3iuo.png?1]
★Outcast Princess★ 7/10/827, 09:11:43 AM
cringe

005. Fortunes_Favour
10 Jul 827 15:02

It's sh*t like this that makes me think Bretonia would be a better place if Gallia had won the war.
5 73456