Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Smuggling Is Not Unlawful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I don't believe it is well known, so I feel compelled to write that it is the consensus and guiding logic of the staff that smuggling;

i.e. a trader intentionally carrying what is considered contraband by lawful authorities in the space they're in, and is thus committing a crime according to houses' law;

does not constitute an unlawful action for the purposes of ID rules like "may not participate in any unlawful actions except as described above." Therefore, any corporate ID can haul any contraband and it is not in contravention of the server rules. Interspace can haul cardamine, Bowex can haul slaves, Republican can haul human organs.

I might be totally wrong in thinking that it is commonly believed that lawful ID'd characters may not do these things, so vote above!

I am personally of the opinion that this grants a great deal of leeway and advantage to lawful ID'd ships, being that instead of using a Freelancer ID'd 3600 space-limited transport to smuggle, 5K lawful corporate IDs could, if able to access a sell point or fence, travel the exact same route. I personally think that this is inconsistent with the characters implied by the ID. I'm not saying no employee of any corporation is involved somehow, I just think that for balance purposes, outside of an SRP, it wouldn't have been permitted, or at least should have been explicitly written into rules (or a better clarification thread which I'm working on sorry sorry sorry).

"What do you think?"
Those lines "Cannot do any unlawful actions unless mentioned above/below" is useless line. Just like "Can trade" was in the past.
Remember how [*USI*] were fined for slaves trading? Or [IND] got caught with a huge load of Cardamine? Contraband is contraband and even corporate ids shouldn't be allowed to carry this as its ruining immersion. Unlawful should be capable to have possibility to trade as well as lawful but should not have 5kers except particular cases and I'm not about OP as hell Outcast ID
whistles in hauling thousands of xeno relics to Manhattan on a Samura 5ker over the last 2 years
(07-13-2020, 07:49 AM)Greylock Wrote: [ -> ]whistles in hauling thousands of xeno relics to Manhattan on a Samura 5ker over the last 2 years

Did Same, but i used OSC Mastodon lol.
Not sure why you'd touch that since almost nobody smuggles for money outside of events, 5k or not

At least lawful transports can get into trouble with police and even FR5d
(07-13-2020, 08:05 AM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]At least lawful transports can get into trouble with police and even FR5d

Who would do this? Confused
Legalize all contraband items in house laws, so that everyone trades those items freely. This will eventually lead to the nerfing of prices, making smuggling not worth it anymore therefore fixing the problem permanently.
Quasi-lawful transports and unlawful transports also get in trouble with lawfuls, and the former get FR5'd. The latter can't even dock on lawful bases to smuggle to those, anyway.

Don't you dare disrespect my holy activity triangle
Just do the id rework and it doesn't matter
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7