Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cloak duration & warmup time changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Upon server restart, the following changes to cloaks will be going live:

Light Cloaking Device

- Warmup time increased from 10 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Fuel consumption rate reduced from 4 to 2. (Cloak duration doubled)

Cloaking Device Mk II

- Fuel consumption rate reduced from 4 to 2. (Cloak duration doubled)

Snubcraft and Gunboat cloaks will now last around eight minutes where they previously lasted for only four. In addition, snubcraft cloaks now take longer to charge, as previously their warmup time was so short that players were forced to "spam" cruise disruptors any time an opponent with a light cloak got deshielded, as it was otherwise very difficult to tell - in time - if they were charging their cloak.

The aim of these changes is to make these two cloaks more effective in use.
Really cool. Thanks
so sirius stopped feeding cloak devices keto diet batteries?
Yay, now those cloaks are useful! Thank you!
Double cloak time but have all chance of escape via a light cloak comletely removed... I could care less if during a gank you still could survive 10s and try to escape. I'd love to love this change but if this is to remove using a cloak to escape battle like thats bad, thats terrible. Thats what you really want the light cloak for, thats what makes them worth it as moneysinks. This ruins light cloaks. Anyone so sour that someone succeeded in escapeing from you using a cloak, that's pretty weak. This actually makes loght cloaks useless and worthless, as the long times were barely necessary and at least a snub cloak gave you one last chance to escape. Is there no other way to win but to constantly force people to have their hands tied?
(07-14-2020, 09:22 PM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]Double cloak time but have all chance of escape via a light cloak comletely removed... I could care less if during a gank you still could survive 10s and try to escape. I'd love to love this change but if this is to remove using a cloak to escape battle like thats bad, thats terrible. Thats what you really want the light cloak for, thats what makes them worth it as moneysinks. This ruins light cloaks. Anyone so sour that someone succeeded in escapeing from you using a cloak, that's pretty weak. This actually makes loght cloaks useless and worthless, as the long times were barely necessary and at least a snub cloak gave you one last chance to escape. Is there no other way to win but to constantly force people to have their hands tied?

How dare you to resist becoming blue message to other snubs?
You must die and feed an ego of snub-wh... pilots
anything that is standing on the way, would be erased from plugin!
Discovery snub pilots: Braaaaains Bluuueessss!

Honestly, being pretty new and not even witnessing anyone using the cloak for escape tactics... I'm really impartial to the change.

But sometimes I do feel that all Disco experience is geared towards "balance", "honor" and "fair play" (except POB sieges, which interestingly, still somehow escape the balance hammer).

As if the size of your blues list matters for anything except growing your personal e-peen.

Frankly it leads to a bit boring gameplay, but I guess it's more enjoyable to the majority (yes I'm a sucker for desperate unwinnable battles Big Grin ).
(07-14-2020, 10:04 PM)LuckyOne Wrote: [ -> ]Discovery snub pilots: Braaaaains Bluuueessss!

Honestly, being pretty new and not even witnessing anyone using the cloak for escape tactics... I'm really impartial to the change.

But sometimes I do feel that all Disco experience is geared towards "balance", "honor" and "fair play" (except POB sieges, which interestingly, still somehow escape the balance hammer).

As if the size of your blues list matters for anything except growing your personal e-peen.

Frankly it leads to a bit boring gameplay, but I guess it's more enjoyable to the majority (yes I'm a sucker for desperate unwinnable battles Big Grin ).

Its all because of stuff like this. (some pics arent in proper order).
Light cloaks charged too quickly and as a result were very hard to stop. They were, not quite, but almost get out of jail free cards but didn't really last long enough to do anything but run to the nearest base or jumphole. Often supported/enabled poor gameplay from a certain type of player.

Increasing their charge time and duration is definitely an improvement in both areas.
Do the same changes apply to the nomad cloaks then or what?
Pages: 1 2