Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Please fix the Jump holes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, Whoever owns a battleship and got too stuck in jump hole and felt so mad about it?
Yeah, Happens to me all the time.
These accidents can fuck over gameplay, which is very annoying; it's one of a 100 to get successfully dock without disconnecting from the server
I'm now trying on my third attempt and got stuck again. Please fix it soon as possible this can quickly fixed if you wide the jump hole hitbox, I believe.
Instead of having fun, I need to write this stupid post about this subject, which probably pisses off many players.
lol.

Just slow dock and this will fix all of your problems.
/stuck
This has never been a problem for me. It's 1 in a thousand to get stuck. Stop docking so late and slow dock.
(07-15-2020, 08:36 PM)Ice Princess Wrote: [ -> ]/stuck

Slow dock, alternatively you end up spamming /stuck, in very rare cases not even this helps anymore and you'll end up having to F1.
It's nothing able to be fixed easily, simply one of FL engines ways to tell us "you were never supposed to fly big ships duh"
You need a macro to spam stuck to do it fast enough before you're deemed moving again and can't do it for another minute or few.

This is actually a problem. Saying "Just slow dock" is a really poor way of addressing an actual issue.
There have been many instances this bug has decided both fights and fates of people either going to or fleeing from battle.

If we can get an explanation of why this can't be fixed that'd be great.
But whilst we don't know that it can't be fixed. How about at least admitting it's a problem that does exist.

As for advice from a 6 year cap main all I can say is dock at around 700-300m from the hole. your ship size should make it fast enough if not instant. any closer than 300 and you're most likely screwed. same goes for docking points on stations, just learn where the nose of your ship is and try to dock based solely on that.
quick docking caps takes practice
Cockpit view + dock when you are ±200m from JH.

No problem, this is gratis just for you. Works with all kinds of battleships