Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Wiki / DSCore / or What?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All

First I must say that everyone is exceptionally helpful on this mod but I was a fan of wiki but as stated it is outdated so what replaced it? My browser shows DSCore page not found and the mactan network for me does not seem to go into enough detail on where to find stuff. FLstats also omits vast chunks of details for example it does not show the Serenity ship and the wiki page states on Cambridge which it is not so what tool could I use to find the same info that Wiki used to post?

Grateful for any insight. Regards to all.
DScore is dead.
FLStat and FLCompanion are great tools for some ingame data.
Wiki is outdated but still mostly relevant.
Mactan Network is for Rephacks and Technerf only.

Thus, FLStat, FLCompanion are the best tools for current game data, while wiki is overall bigger collection of knowledge on game, but is reliant on community members updating stuff and it is hardly possible to keep up with.
FLStat definitely does include the Serenity (sold on Barrier Gate Station A in Coronado). Make sure you have your FLStat pointed towards Discovery, NOT vanilla Freelancer. FLStat > Settings > Freelancer Location > Discovery installation. Then reload the ini files.
(07-16-2020, 08:20 AM)Toaster Wrote: [ -> ]FLStat definitely does include the Serenity (sold on Barrier Gate Station A in Coronado). Make sure you have your FLStat pointed towards Discovery, NOT vanilla Freelancer. FLStat > Settings > Freelancer Location > Discovery installation. Then reload the ini files.

Is there a possible workaround if the discovery installation is somewhere within the windows userprofile?
The 'freelancer location'-textbox is readonly, and the open folder dialog doesn't show things under %appdata% and %localappdata%.
I'm not certain I can help with that, I've never installed Discovery to the user directory. If need be you could just reinstall it somewhere else (e.g. Program Files).
(07-16-2020, 07:55 AM)Bellepheron Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All

First I must say that everyone is exceptionally helpful on this mod but I was a fan of wiki but as stated it is outdated so what replaced it? My browser shows DSCore page not found and the mactan network for me does not seem to go into enough detail on where to find stuff. FLstats also omits vast chunks of details for example it does not show the Serenity ship and the wiki page states on Cambridge which it is not so what tool could I use to find the same info that Wiki used to post?

Grateful for any insight. Regards to all.

Hi there mate well we curently fixing everything on Wikipedia but it will take a long time since was updated last time, so be patient we will fix it Wink
(07-16-2020, 08:25 AM)rwx Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2020, 08:20 AM)Toaster Wrote: [ -> ]FLStat definitely does include the Serenity (sold on Barrier Gate Station A in Coronado). Make sure you have your FLStat pointed towards Discovery, NOT vanilla Freelancer. FLStat > Settings > Freelancer Location > Discovery installation. Then reload the ini files.

Is there a possible workaround if the discovery installation is somewhere within the windows userprofile?
The 'freelancer location'-textbox is readonly, and the open folder dialog doesn't show things under %appdata% and %localappdata%.

When you open File manager, you need to find "Show hidden items" in the bars at the top and enable it. Then you will see hidden User and AppData folders.

Here
(07-16-2020, 08:47 AM)Shinju Wrote: [ -> ]When you open File manager, you need to find "Show hidden items" in the bars at the top and enable it. Then you will see hidden User and AppData folders.

Well, I meant the "open folder dialog" of FLStat to change the freelancer location

No appdata

The only possible workaround I can think of, is to change the location to the appropriate disco folder in appdata (=no reinstall) would be a registry hack.
Isn't appdata under C:/Users/[user]/ ?
I have Discovery installed to %appdata% and it works without a problem when using FLStat.

TBH I cannot understand why you are having problems. Maybe you could check & then change the permissions of the Roaming folder so that your username has permission to read the folder? Or run FLStat as Admin, would that make it work?
Pages: 1 2