Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Distance counters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the problem of not having distance markers, can't see how many missles/torps/CM's, my thruster/speed counters.
I know of a way to fix it which is changing (in fonts.ini) nickname = HudSmall ---- > fixed_height = 0.030000 and nickname = Normal ----> Fixed_height = 0.035000 both to 0.02 which completely fixes my issue without have to drop my resolution but i believe changing things in the .ini files might get you banned, i was wondering if this kind of change would get you banned.
editing most inis gets you auto banned yes.

What resolution are you running that it even causes an issue?

Do you have a screenshot how the rest of the game looks?
HudShift is an exception last time I cvhecked. I use an edited HudShift as well. Fonts are also an exception as far as I know, there are people who uses different fonts.
(07-23-2020, 08:11 AM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]editing most inis gets you auto banned yes.

What resolution are you running that it even causes an issue?

Do you have a screenshot how the rest of the game looks?

4k 3840 x 2160.

(07-23-2020, 11:12 AM)TheShooter36 Wrote: [ -> ]HudShift is an exception last time I cvhecked. I use an edited HudShift as well. Fonts are also an exception as far as I know, there are people who uses different fonts.

Are you sure as i really don't want to get banned from the server that has the most people playing on it. At the point you get banned frm this server i might as well uninstall due to the other servers sadly being mostly dead. So if a mod/admin could confirm that this is true that would be amazing Smile
i have the same problem as well, except i also have speed and thrust charge meters missing, as well as selected ship's HP and weapon numbering

and i'm using 4k settings too

editing HudShift.ini won't get you banned as far as i'm aware
Something of a fix: put this in Discovery/DATA/FONTS/fonts.ini
https://hastebin.com/jefurijuca.ini

It doesn't seem ideal cause it shrinks text somewhat but it works.
https://i.imgur.com/aFDgyhx.jpg

Though watch out for screenshots in 4k, freelancer .bmps take up 25MB per screenshot :v
Changed the file heres to hoping there is no ban xD