Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Cryer Pharmaceuticals | From: Kobayashi Sakura | Encrypted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: b4om7Hfs.jpg]
To: Cryer Pharmaceuticals
Encryption: SIDH-Quantum Hash OTP
Subject: Medication and implant

Konnichiwa,

I am the captain of the Rio Dreams. I was rescued by one of your employees a couple of years ago and brought to Atka where I was treated for cardamine dependency. Due to the nature of the biochemical dependency on cardamine, I am in constant need of Stabiline to handle the addiction. I had an arrangement with the staff of Atka to supply me with one unit of Stabiline every month when their representative came to Pygar, where I was staying.

Unfortunately, these past couple of months the Cryer representative has not arrived on Pygar. I am not sure if this is due to problems with Outcasts, Golden Chrysanthemums, or something else. As a result of this I was forced to scrounge for enough cardamine from passing freelance traders to get me through, as there was no Stabiline available. This is something I have strenuously avoided in the past, as I have no desire to have any dealing with Outcasts or their cardamine and would rather shoot them than deal with them.

This has fortunately not had an impact on my ship, or it's trading duties, as I had already made arrangements with my first officer and crew to handle the ship when I was incapacitated or under the effects of cardamine and Stabiline.

Now, back to why I am sending this message. If possible, I would like to formalize a purchase and refill schedule to consistently obtain a unit of Stabiline for my use, refilled once a month, from your stations.

Additionally, although my crew and first officer have a working system for handling my ship when I am incapacitated, I would also like to discuss with Cryer the installation of a monitoring device that would track my vitals and test my blood for Stabiline or cardamine and provide an output for my crew to use to better determine when they need to take over handling the ship. Hopefully, this device would also potentially provide a life-saving minimal dose of Stabiline if necessary, if I were so badly incapacitated or unconscious and unable to take any Stabiline myself.

I have heard in my travels that Gallia makes such a device, called a "Bio-Stability Monitor" but I have no experience with them. I trust Cryer's development expertise and would expect with their experience in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals and the "Med-Stasis Band" which appears to contain most of the same functionality that they could easily adapt or develop their own version in no time at all. I would like to see an embedded or permanent solution, as I have concerns about the viability of your existing med-stasis band when I might be under the influence of cardamine or Stabiline and not in full control of my facilities.

If necessary, I believe I can procure one of these "Bio-Stability Monitor" devices for your staff to reverse engineer. If your staff doesn't desire to develop a suitable permanent install device for my use, and potentially future client/market needs, all I would ask is that they be willing to do the install of the device I provide, and if possible provide an explanation of the medical interface that I could possibly provide to a third-party to develop an external monitor interface for my crew.
Message Recieved

Recipient: Kobayashi Sakura, Grounded Captain
Employee Name: James Burke
Employee Dept.: R&D

So, since the communications and PR jockeys don't really have the chops (or the clearance) to touch this kind of high-level stuff, let me get this straight.

You're offering a piece of Gallic tech, fairly advanced to boot, to us. The stuff we've heard about from autopsy reports of Royalist troops, and such. Manufactured by our largest competitor in the Gallic Sector, and probably the one company that's going to end up killing us all one day through trade lanes, fuel replacement schemes, and Nox.

For some meds.

Sure, sign us up. Tell us when to meet and we'll probably send up a security pilot to collect. They'll also probably bring by some Stabiline for the exchange. About... Ten units, as initial payment? Also, preferably, get more than one. We have a habit of being hard on the equipment.

As far as the refill goes, I've clued in our pharmacy management across the board. Your name's been noted, and if you pull through? Preferential rate. See one of our medical staff on-station about it as soon as possible to get it set up when this is over.

This could work.

End of Message

To: James Burke, Cryer R&D

Sir,

Just to be clear, I am happy procuring several of these "Bio-Stability Monitor" for your R&D, say five or so, but this goes beyond simply getting refills on medications. I'm also looking for your R&D to hopefully reverse engineer them and produce a product that would work for me. I'm willing to be a first test subject if necessary of course. I don't trust the Gallic tech, otherwise I would have just reached out to them directly, I would much rather have a trusted Liberty company handle the tech.

A bit of clarification may be in order, so that you better understand what my overrall goal from this would be. As I had mentioned before my crew and I have worked out a manual system of managing my ship and cargo when I am incapacitated. This works for me as a freelancer, however I feel that it would make most house governments uncomfortable with me flying through their space even with those controls in place. Also, in an emergency I have to rely on my crew to give me the Stabiline or cardamine if I'm not even consious. I feel that I can lessen the concerns of the various house governments if I can show them an automated control system, such as the "Bio-Stability Monitor" appears to have.

To be direct, I am looking for the following from Cryer.
- A consistent, documented refill cycle for Stabiline.
- A bio monitor device that is capable of monitoring my system for Stabiline or cardamine.
- That same bio monitor device having the ability to inject a minimal life-saving dose of Stabiline in emergency.
- An external interface on the bio monitor device that is capable of notifying my crew of my status.
- An external interface on the bio monitor device that I can work with a third party such as DSE to integrate with my ship's computer to lock me out of the system when under the effects of Stabiline or cardamine.

The first three points are the most critical of course. But if Cryer has the ability to do the last two that would be welcome as well, otherwise I would hope to work with a third party such as DSE to accomplish it. If this is agreeable I can meet with you at Atka, as I know the way already.

--- Retransmitting ---

--- Retransmitting ---
--- Boosting Signal ---

--- Retransmitting ---
--- Boosting Signal ---