Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: House Influence/Enforcement Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-04-2020, 01:33 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]These rules exist to protect Quasi-Lawful/Legal gameplay from House Govs who time and time again in the past acted in a way that became detrimental towards the gameplay of the aforementioned IDs. I suppose I can see the weirdness in situations like House lafwuls being unable to deal with unlawful POBs in the Border Worlds, but Junkers and Corps being able to pirate in the Border Worlds without being immediately ratted out by whiney traders was a great change.

(08-04-2020, 01:31 PM)Lumik8 Wrote: [ -> ]This system was created as a compromise to promote more roleplay and edgy encounters in systems on the edge of houses (which are supposed to be not fully controlled by house law enforcement outside of trade lanes and their vicinity), mainly to allow corporate and quasi-lawful shady actions. Like attacking corporate rivals (using the ID permissions) and such, but also smuggling for example. Removing this system will not bring anything to the game, exactly opposite, it will remove the possibility to play dirty on the outskirts of houses. No one will risk it knowing that all it takes are few screenshots send to authorities to make you, or even your faction as a whole pay hard for actions which ooRPly brings activity and interesting roleplay opportunities. Sure, it does not happen much, but it is still there. And at the same time, it provides lawfuls opportunity to act if they witness something directly ingame.

I don´t see any benefits to the mod in removing the possibility to play at least little dirty in shady corners of house space.

This says it perfectly tbh.
Isn't Core charging money to allow entry into their system? Big GrinDDDDDDDDDDD
(08-04-2020, 02:18 PM)Typrop Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2020, 01:58 PM)Lumik8 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you elaborate what is this about? Because this sounds like something that is against the rules.

It's the reason the entire rule setup was made, more or less. At least, that's what hearsay says. Libcorps got pirated in the Omegas, Liberty FR5'd in response.
Absolute bullshit. IMG| pirated USI over and over again, so USI FR5ed them. Liberty just told IMG| that they are now banned from Liberty due to MULTIPLE cases of IMG| shooting down USI ships.
(08-04-2020, 02:26 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2020, 01:33 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]These rules exist to protect Quasi-Lawful/Legal gameplay from House Govs who time and time again in the past acted in a way that became detrimental towards the gameplay of the aforementioned IDs. I suppose I can see the weirdness in situations like House lafwuls being unable to deal with unlawful POBs in the Border Worlds, but Junkers and Corps being able to pirate in the Border Worlds without being immediately ratted out by whiney traders was a great change.

(08-04-2020, 01:31 PM)Lumik8 Wrote: [ -> ]This system was created as a compromise to promote more roleplay and edgy encounters in systems on the edge of houses (which are supposed to be not fully controlled by house law enforcement outside of trade lanes and their vicinity), mainly to allow corporate and quasi-lawful shady actions. Like attacking corporate rivals (using the ID permissions) and such, but also smuggling for example. Removing this system will not bring anything to the game, exactly opposite, it will remove the possibility to play dirty on the outskirts of houses. No one will risk it knowing that all it takes are few screenshots send to authorities to make you, or even your faction as a whole pay hard for actions which ooRPly brings activity and interesting roleplay opportunities. Sure, it does not happen much, but it is still there. And at the same time, it provides lawfuls opportunity to act if they witness something directly ingame.

I don´t see any benefits to the mod in removing the possibility to play at least little dirty in shady corners of house space.

This says it perfectly tbh.
Isn't Core charging money to allow entry into their system? Big GrinDDDDDDDDDDD

Because an Independent Lawful group with like 5 bases is really comparable to an entire House.
(08-04-2020, 01:10 PM)Typrop Wrote: [ -> ]The problem I posted this to address ironically enough, concerned how house inrp law enforcement works, when not looked at in a vacuum. Pay attention to the yellow and red sections, which says that they cannot enforce roleplay consequences without personally being present. This means that in a system like, say, Magellan, or Bering, if someone comms Libgov, Bretgov, or Rheingov about it, they are not supposed, or allowed, to do anything in response to it, because they were not physically present. This would be understandable if it was further outside, in a system like say, Vespucci in the case of Liberty, because that would require an overextension of house assets in order to achieve. However, it is not.

Being unable to enforce house law based on recordings of criminal actions in a system like Cortez is confusing, given its status as not only a major hub for Orbital Spa & Cruise, but also a fast route for lawful traders and general civilian traffic to cross house borders, given the fact that it is a system that directly borders two separate houses.

It seems like I slowly understand the problem.
Let's say, you've a Freelancer Pob with contraband in your Outer and they are selling contraband to everyone, it is controversial, wheter or not you should be able to remove such an entity, after you've tracked the source of thousand of smugglers.

Quote:House Military, Police, and Intelligence factions may not enforce roleplay consequences upon non-hostile POBs, breaking House Laws or not, within Outer Regional Space.

hmm, how can I change my vote for a poll?
Pages: 1 2