Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer multiple object mover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
made small program
[Image: Bke2dNE.png]
to help a friend

it is for a case when you have
a.txt like that

and wishing to relocate everything to some other position together, and probably rotating it around some sort of center.
More detailed description:
It makes coordinates relative to some center
rotates around of it, if you write degrees for angles more than 0 in program
and then shifts the location of those objects to some position elsewhere
after that, it creates new file b.txt where the changed file is written
or you can rewrite the existing one.

download
github

P.S. so basically this program fastly changes "pos = ..." and "rotate = ...." strings in a file.
some people who change things in solar systems, perhaps need it to move multiple stuff around.

P.P.S. I didn't test it. so not exactly sure if it rotates properly. Yeah I tried to rotate but, not sure if it would correspond well with "rotate = " game parameter.
Erm... you can move and rotate multiple objects in FLMS.
Indeed so but primary goal of Darkwind's soft is an accuracy without turning a single coordinate entity into a Pi number like FLMS do
In FLMS options you can enable rounding to integer values if you want. Also rounding makes you lose accuracy, not gain in, as to what accuracy you need depends on situation.

In that code I don't see any matrix inversions and multiplications that would be necessary to rotate collection of objects around single pivot, looks like they're all just going to be in local space.
(08-07-2020, 02:30 PM)Treewyrm Wrote: [ -> ]Erm... you can move and rotate multiple objects in FLMS.

Whaaaaat? How? Unless I'm using an outdated version. I've always asked Xalrok how we could move multiple objects since it didnt allow multi-selection.
(08-07-2020, 05:11 PM)Treewyrm Wrote: [ -> ]In FLMS options you can enable rounding to integer values if you want. Also rounding makes you lose accuracy, not gain in, as to what accuracy you need depends on situation.

In that code I don't see any matrix inversions and multiplications that would be necessary to rotate collection of objects around single pivot, looks like they're all just going to be in local space.

Why would we be needing matrix inversion for object rotation?

rotation is just a matter of = Point * Matrix of rotation by X-axis * Matrix of rotation by Y-axis * Matrix of rotation by Z-axis. Matrix multiplication is enough for that ;b

I noticed though, that there is already in use some sort of better new method than it, but whatever. Although wait second, this new method exactly suggests using matrix inversions. Are you rotating through Quaternions?
(08-07-2020, 05:26 PM)Kauket Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2020, 02:30 PM)Treewyrm Wrote: [ -> ]Erm... you can move and rotate multiple objects in FLMS.

Whaaaaat? How? Unless I'm using an outdated version. I've always asked Xalrok how we could move multiple objects since it didnt allow multi-selection.

Laz update thing https://github.com/AftermathFreelancer/FLModStudio
Reinventing the wheel.
[Image: 1*ZmLFM5MP17SLa8fgXmaFdQ.jpeg]
The new FLMS version crashes more often and has annoying 'features'. The rotating and moving is nice though so use both I guess.
then tell me about them

things aren't gonna get fix if I don't know about them
Pages: 1 2