Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Section 8 - Information & Assets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: iO7z9dm.png]

Section 8

Unto Nightfall (OCR-54)
Resheph-class reconnaissance & command cruiser

Constructed at: Fort Carthage, Omicron Mu
Laid down: August 10, 826 A.S.
Launched: February 15, 827 A.S.
Commissioned: July 31, 827 A.S.

Commanding officer: Captain Catherine Hawkins
Executive officer: Commander Maximilian Trasser

Complement:
22/22 officers
98/98 crewmen
24/24 marines

Primary propulsion:
1x COE C600 Mk I Fusion Engine
1x COE G300 Mk I Fusion Engine

Secondary propulsion:
1x COE G300 Mk I Fusion Engine

Armament:
1x TL-4a "Light Mortar" Cryogenic Antimatter Projector
2x 90mm "Mauler" Reactive Mass Drivers
2x EMP-4a Pulse Cannons
5x OCT-3 "Angel" Turrets
1x CD89b "Hornet" Cruise Disruptor Missile Launcher

Electronic warfare and decoy systems:
[CLASSIFIED]

Sensors and processing systems:
[CLASSIFIED]

Jump capability:
[CLASSIFIED]

Snubcraft capacity:

Constructed at Fort Carthage in Omicron Mu in mid-827 AS, the Unto Nightfall is a latest generation Resheph-class reconnaissance cruiser serving the secretive Section 8 as a mobile command post from which to coordinate operations across Sirius. Commanded by the notoriously zealous Order veteran Captain Catherine Hawkins, the Unto Nightfall’s crew operates under a strict and disciplined regime, allowing the cruiser to operate at utmost efficiency and dissuading any doubts concerning the oftentimes questionable actions the ship and crew find themselves forced to take.

During its initial deployment to Liberty and surrounding border systems, the Unto Nightfall repeatedly encountered the Nomads and their until recently unknown, yet far more dangerous cousins - the Sentinels. For several years, the vessel and her crew observed the alien anomaly known as the Prophet and safeguarded it from other factions’ attempts to claim it for themselves. While Section 8 believes that this proved instrumental in preventing a catastrophic alien incursion into the very heart of human space, neither the Unto Nightfall’s commanding officer nor her crew are certain that this new alien threat has been truly thwarted.

Not long thereafter, the Unto Nightfall found itself forced to return home, following an organization-wide emergency of a thus far classified nature. For several months, the ship and Section 8 at large seemingly disappeared from the Sirian stage, their fate during that time unknown to any outsider, only to resurface in late 829 AS. Refitted with the latest technology the Order has to offer, the Unto Nightfall promptly resumed its operations across the Sirius sector.

Stalwart Dawn (OGH-113)
Hathor-class heavy gunboat

Constructed at: Fort Carthage, Omicron Mu
Laid down: May 26, 827 A.S.
Launched: August 3, 827 A.S.
Commissioned: September 1, 827 A.S.

Commanding officer: Commander Lore
Executive officer: N/A

Complement:
8/8 officers
16/16 crewmen / marines

Primary propulsion: