Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Change Pingtarget
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whatever the deal with redacting ping, blah blah etc is, isn't the point of this thread.

What is the point, is that we definitely don't need this giant green string obstructing half the screen when you pingtarget someone, especially while trying to fight. https://i.imgur.com/tnRKw6b.jpg

I don't need pingtarget to vomit target ping data redacted due to privacy concerns all over the place, just that it's redacted.
Ping: [redacted] is plenty enough, and means I can still see what's going on. Let's change it to that.

Oh, and having a /pt command like with /givecash and /gc would be very cool and good.

I say the above knowing there probably isn't a Hook Santa to grant wishes, but there it is anyway.
Just get rid of this whole ping redacted nonsense. If you're seriously concerned about players stalking other players, they don't need to solely rely on ping. Competent stalkers know how to deduce playing and writing styles between users.
Well I'm personally indifferent to the redaction thing, so that's up to y'all.

Either put ping back to how it was or change it to redacted, whatever the rest of you want. But please do one of these.
Keep the ping redacted feature, but have it be like a /set chattime on type affair. So if somebody truly wants to preserve their privacy they can do a simple - /ping redacted on to keep it that way. In this manner, we both get rid of an overly clunky notice that nobody cares about and also allow each player to decide for themselves whether or not keeping their ping private helps their privacy.
This idea is smart one. Reeves is smart
Pingistoles: Expert /pingtarget-er
I don't need all this green vomit all over my screen. Do we even have anyone around who can change this?