Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: OFLs NEED to be able to speak English
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I demand a new rule! You are allowed to be Faction Leader if you're the part of SJW community. Certificate is required.
I'm fairly sure the Bowex leader is more vocal than a significant part of the OFL list. Yes this isn't real life and it's a game to relax in. He's not trying to speak his native language and is trying to make an effort to communicate in English. I don't see why people should be punished for not having English as their first language.

In the logs I don't how you can complain about him not contributing to the roleplay experience when all I see in the logs is an Auxesia ship lecturing him for daring to be in their presumptuous, faux-pixel sandbox.
(09-03-2020, 05:59 PM)PhoenixClaw Wrote: [ -> ]No idea what your problem with this is tbh..
"1.7 - Everything must be in understandable English" and I have no problem at all with understanding what is written in the threat you linked, even tho english isn't my primary language :thinking:

That's one of the many examples. If the leader cannot speak ingame, then they shouldn't be a leader at all.

We've had Russian players straight up not speaking English, maybe we should put them in lead of LN.
*Awaits a Bowex thread about limiting the number of capship defections per faction*
(09-03-2020, 06:08 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]I'm fairly sure the Bowex leader is more vocal than a significant part of the OFL list. Yes this isn't real life and it's a game to relax in. He's not trying to speak his native language and is trying to make an effort to communicate in English. I don't see why people should be punished for not having English as their first language.

In the logs I don't how you can complain about him not contributing to the roleplay experience when all I see in the logs is an Auxesia ship lecturing him for daring to be in their presumptuous, faux-pixel sandbox.
Auxesia has some of the laziest roleplay I have encountered
And do preposterous stuff like continually leaving restocking and relogging in durings fair fights just to avoid a normal confrontation. And now one of them tries to single out and bully someone who roleplays with adequate english after one encounter he didn't like?

Official factions should have some sort of standard, imo this should not be tolerated.
Quote:And now one of them tries to single out and bully someone who roleplays with adequate english?

It's called prevention and measurements. We shouldn't allow this to ever happen again in the future. Don't be an Official Leader if you don't even know how to say hello.

Stay on topic.
I'm surprised about the amount of disagreement. I thought being able to speak English at least decently is a general requirement let alone having a spotlight position. I personally can stomach the usual user who isn't really in depth of the RP environment but entering it should definitely require a certain grade of English.
(09-03-2020, 06:28 PM)Shelco Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised about the amount of disagreement. I thought being able to speak English at least decently is a general requirement let alone having a spotlight position. I personally can stomach the usual user who isn't really in depth of the RP environment but entering it should definitely require a certain grade of English.
he made this thread
to try to bully specifically the Bowex guy

And tried to veil it as a general issue

that rule is there for people using russian etc. not someone genuinely trying and being easy to understand if you want to understand him.
Quote:It's called prevention and measurements. We shouldn't allow this to ever happen again in the future. Don't be an Official Leader if you don't even know how to say hello.

It is an issue. Speak English or don't be an OFL lead.
Let's go a step further, only white male can lead official factions. And add higher education on qualifications required.
Pages: 1 2 3 4