Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nithmare Missiles Target Tracking (lack of it)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone!

I'm not very experienced with BS missiles and their pros/cons, however, I've observed a strange situation.

In Omega 47, while making missions for Coalition/Hessians, Nightmare Torpedos doesn't track the selected target.
I've tried several ways- keep holding the same target, after missiles are launched and are closing towards the target. But they just fly by. All the time.

At the final situation, I've launched 3 times double Nightmare, total 6 missiles. The NPC target was not moving. All 6 torpedo went just away, not even moving towards the selected target.
Might be someone has experienced the same thing?
I do understand, that missiles don't have 100% hitting probability, but today I had 100% inaccuracy. Not a single missile reached the target, even as large as battleship.

Any advice is welcome, and should I copy this problem to bug reporting threat?

Thank you!
Nightmare torpedoes launch directly above their launch pad and they must make an arc. If the target is closer than the width of the arc, then the missile can't lock on. Leaning your hardpoint towards the target will help.

Alternatively, this could be the same bug that affects CDs and every other missile weapon, which causes them to randomly stop tracking. Select a subtarget, then unselect your target, then select again. This should fix it.
Regarding the arc angle and distance to target- it should not be the problem.
I remember, Nightmare were working fine during PvP in conn, when the other player was around 4.5K, but less than 5K for sure. Missiles hit him, despite flacks.
NPC's spamming distance on missions is 5K, so it should be far enough for missle to gain the lock.

I'll try O49 mission, as I did yesterday, with no such problem.