Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: GMG's new use of labour.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
On planet Miura in the new Okinawa system, GMG uses slavery for their Plutonium mines and in actuality an infocard says that this practice is spreading to the use of human captives as cheap labour in their H-fuel instalations as well. The infocard says that GMG gets it's labour from both Liberty and Kusari from their stock of prisoners of war.
I'm particularly keen on RP'ng the whole "These muderous Rheinlanders will spend the last three months of their lives in our mines on Miura" scenario, so I went to Liberty first. I found nothing on the battleships so logically I continued on to LPI's Sugarland Prison. There it was....Slaves. And yes, Isehara purchases them for good enough sum that the RP route will be regular.
But I am curious. Since the commodity that is actually being purchased and transported is slaves, how will Liberty and Kusari Lawfuls react to that. It now seems that GMG is the only "Lawful" faction that practices slavery and somehow I can only hope that we'll be only dodging the unlawful faction and not the lawful ones too.
I haven't went to the Bretonian/Kusari battle front yet, but I kinda wanted to see the view of the lawful factions about this possible friction before I start sending GMG| member out to RP themselves into obliteration.
The Junker Congress will be keeping an eye on this thread.

It offers a dropoff point for those pesky Xenos (read: Slave commodities) and strengthens ties with the GMG, which Junkers have been eager to cultivate for decades.
Hmm. This actually makes me think - why was the "Slaves" commodity used and not the "Prisoners" one?
I believe one of the stations in Rheinland buys the "slaves" commodity for a fair price (one of the Daumann/Kruger stations).

I kinda feel that "slaves" should more be used to represent unlawfully conscripted workers, while "lawfully" (ie: by a government) conscripted ones are represented by prisoners.
We had general diplomatic issues before...but Bretonia is likely to consider the GMG an enemy nation with such developments...I know our diplomacy has been cold in the past, but, if you're looking for public backlash...there is a war on. We can include you.
' Wrote:We had general diplomatic issues before...but Bretonia is likely to consider the GMG an enemy nation with such developments...I know our diplomacy has been cold in the past, but, if you're looking for public backlash...there is a war on. We can include you.

Yeah I remember you mentioning the slavery in GMG plutonium mines in that thread. This whole time, until now, I had no idea what you were talking about. I agree that if our mines included Bretonian prisoners our diplomacy with Bretonia would plummet from Bretonia's point of view. With Rheinland, we couldn't care we never liked them anyway heheh and yet they still receive H-fuel from us through Kishiro as we love money.
' Wrote:Hmm. This actually makes me think - why was the "Slaves" commodity used and not the "Prisoners" one?

Blodo's got a point.

Does it have to do with possible routes from other OORP places to Isehara with prisoners? (I.E. Ryuku)
It was a kind of mistake on my part XD They are prisoners of war (be they captured Rheinlanders that Liberty wants to dispose of or who happened to wander into the Sigmas) from Bretonia and also political prisoners and other criminal malcontents who get sent to Miura to work in the mines, much like Liberty's practice of having criminals work in Houston and Sugarland's factories.

In actual fact, many Bretonia, Blood Dragon and GC prisoners are smuggled out of the mines back to their respective groups by the GMG, which is part of the reason why they agreed (reluctantly all the same), to the Emperor's insistence that in times of war the prisoners work their dues to pay for their continued rehabilitation and survival (part of the Imperial conditions for allowing GMG to keep their sovereignty of the Okinawa system).

I personally would prefer it if the route was made a good one involving prisoners as well as slaves, although i'd prefer people to not think of them as slaves as obviously the GMG does not condone it.
It has potential for RP friction between factions - but also potential friction within the GMG itself.

I would like to work out some 'backdoor' diplomacy - whereby Houses such as Bretonia are officially aghast at such a move, but can arrange for repatriation of their people on the side (maybe with Zoners as an intermediary).

Something does need to be worked out - if the GMG shows up with Bretonian prisoners and they are turned away - the Guild ships would likely be targeted by the Corsairs or Hogosha for their cargo...
I dont think bretonia is in any position to threaten war against the GMG right now. Not only is bretonia getting it's royalist ass handed to it by kusari, but... you cant fight a war without fuel, and the GMG is the primary fuel supplier in sirius. There are no h-fuel deposits in bretonia to my knowledge, and if there are they must be extremely scarce.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6