Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [PoB] Triggering WPs by sum of damage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Short description: Weapon platforms will not be triggered by one CD from a neutral/friendly player to a station.
The player has to do.... 400'000 damage in sum during 24 hours frame(server restart nullifies counter) to make himself attacked by weapon platforms (to become hostile to base until server restart).

Example how it is now without the change: Player fires CD and activates shield to prevent docking station or accidentally during fight CD explosion reaches base or does some small fire during attack on 'pob hugger'. Weapon platforms become immediately triggered from any damage and fire at this unfortunate player.

Example how it will be after accepting my solution: Player fires CD, it activates the shield and prevents to dock station, but weapon platforms do not fire at him. If the player fires before the server restart, 3 nova torpedos, or few times full fire from Cerberus equipped battleship (he needs to perform 400'000 damage in sum), he becomes hostile to the station and weapon platforms begin to attack him.

Who benefits from it?: Players who were neutral or friendly to station, but for some reason did small damage to station, not enough to consider it siege.

Comment: This thread is created to get approval of idea from players/administration to accept the change. Btw, do I need to send player request to start admin approval, or this thread is enough?
Better than currently. That's great work.

Although I still want to see weapon platforms getting removed and instead POBs getting more HP or repair rate.
Well my opinion is that this should apply to all IFFs, making WP only a defense tool against sieges instead of disrupting player interactions!

I somehow doubt they were meant to be forged into stacked PoBs with impossibly strong WP grids that all but kill PvP around solars they are often next to
(09-14-2020, 07:44 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Better than currently. That's great work.

Although I still want to see weapon platforms getting removed and instead POBs getting more HP or repair rate.

(09-14-2020, 09:53 AM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]Well my opinion is that this should apply to all IFFs, making WP only a defense tool against sieges instead of disrupting player interactions!

I somehow doubt they were meant to be forged into stacked PoBs with impossibly strong WP grids that all but kill PvP around solars they are often next to

This is under consideration how to do best as a second part regarding weapon platforms.
I was already thinking about something like Relation-Ship said. Thinking details regarding it, how to implement/suggest it in a best way without cutting anything else

Tbh, it can be resolved through even server rules, because /base defensemode 4 and 5 makes base already not IFF hostile to everyone.

I'll submit the final idea regarding second stage when the fate of the current idea above will be decided.
Pretty solid work, hope this gets accepted.
(09-14-2020, 09:53 AM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]Well my opinion is that this should apply to all IFFs, making WP only a defense tool against sieges instead of disrupting player interactions!

I completely disagree with applying this across to all IFF. Comparing to an NPC base there is a give and take element to POBs when it comes to transport PVP.

If the pvp took place by a NPC station, a player (eg one carrying valuable goods) could simply dock up, where as you cannot with a POB shield up. This is where the weapon platform should be there chase the aggressor away (assuming it built the correct WP).

Furthermore, I would also limit this to friendly / same IFF only, otherwise it would be open to exploit by neutral piracy (eg Junkers / Hogosha?), not to mention all Zoner POBs gets the short end of the stick as they are neutral to all human factions.
(09-14-2020, 12:46 PM)Alvin Wrote: [ -> ]I completely disagree with applying this across to all IFF. Comparing to an NPC base there is a give and take element to POBs when it comes to transport PVP.

If the pvp took place by a NPC station, a player (eg one carrying valuable goods) could simply dock up, where as you cannot with a POB shield up. This is where the weapon platform should be there chase the aggressor away (assuming it built the correct WP).

Furthermore, I would also limit this to friendly / same IFF only, otherwise it would be open to exploit by neutral piracy (eg Junkers / Hogosha?), not to mention all Zoner POBs gets the short end of the stick as they are neutral to all human factions.

one of the reasons for my current proposal was exactly to eliminate pob denial area effect at least slightly for lawfuls and for pirates too who were neutral/friendly to stations. It should not be limited to friendly/same iff only.

gameplay should be equally improved for everyone by removing pob impact. PoBs should be... used as storage or as manufacturing tool and not as weapon platforming area denial. Weapon platforms purpose should be only to protect against sieges.

Current proposal only slightly removes pob denial area problem. At least it will stop doing it for neutral+ parties.
(09-14-2020, 12:57 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]gameplay should be equally improved for everyone by removing pob impact. PoBs should be... used as storage or as manufacturing tool and not as weapon platforming area denial. Weapon platforms purpose should be only to protect against sieges.

If that is the case then I would recommend shield should only go up as and when the WPs are triggered by neutral / friendly players, to avoid neutral piracy exploiting the system.
Would be great if you could also create a new defensemode that lets all ships of a certain faction dock regardless of name tag, but not other factions.
(09-14-2020, 12:46 PM)Alvin Wrote: [ -> ]

I completely disagree with applying this across to all IFF. Comparing to an NPC base there is a give and take element to POBs when it comes to transport PVP.

I don't get how platforms help you much as a transport
- you can simply dock and keep trading, if the pirate lets you get to the base he already lost. Now the shields won't be up at all as they can't tigger them with a CD = good for transports that have docking as main defense.
WP only help combat classed ships avoid fights without docking and pvp deaths
Pages: 1 2