Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Governments, OF and [LIA]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So I hear [LIA] got rejected from having a say in Liberty Government.

Full disclosure: I don't like LIA. They abandon you in fights, cloak away when dry in snub fights, play buddies with enemies and do all sorts of random stuff that isn't very compatible with my gameplay. I made fun of them on many occasions as many of you know. But I think when a closed circle of friends can vote a new OF out of a say in a government it's time to fight for LIA's rights and avoid this dangerous precedent.

Lore-wise it doesn't make much sense for military generals to sit on a government anyways. But we need someone to do it. So we have OF representatives instead from army etc. I think it's very bizarre then that the existing members have the power of a self-serving vote of keeping a new official out of the government.

It no longer is a representation of lawful factions in the house, it becomes an arbitrary group of buddies that can vote others out in their own self-interest

I propose the solutions
A) TAKE AWAY GOVS FROM PLAYERS AND BACK TO STORY DEVS AND GMs
- there would be fairness
- they would make in-lore sense
- their behavior would be coherent with story progression
- big negative: Less frequent posts and updates

B) MAKE OFFICIAL LAWFUL FACTION INCLUSION AUTOMATIC
- This will prevent an arbitrary group of people doing what they want in their circle.

P.S. Suggestions were made like
- discussions and votes should also be publicly viewable by everyone. To prevent government voting be influenced by posts like "ha ha this is gonna screw over x player so bad they will be furious
- include unlawfulls into oorp discussions
etc.

EDIT: Credit to for the above suggestions
I mean, official faction that brings nothing to the server, just refusing to interact with anyone remotely hostile, shouldn't be allowed to be part of any government.
I don't like option A, since it would punish all players for the mistakes a few people make. It usually works fine in most houses/factions.

Option B sounds okay, but maybe give people a Dev as a adviser or something.
What a surprise you popped up in this thread Groshyr. We do interact with hostiles. Did we stop you getting your oh so important blue? aww bless.

Why would someone fight to the death if there is a chance to escape? It is a RP server is it not?

For the record, I don't know OP and no idea how he got the information.
This information was openly discussed in official discovery discord
Yesterday, on Issoudun, your actions were louder than words. Should you forget – I remind you: [LIA] just ran as soon as Enclave started to log. And it seems this is not the first case of such behaviour from your guys.

Sadly, so far, I had no enjoyable interaction with or against your guys, only endless facepalming. Adding you to LibGov would no harm, I guess, but will not make anything better for the house's government itself
We were already on our way back to Liberty before enclave logged in
I agree with Groshyr's sentiment. But This discussion should go into faction feedback.

I am not affiliated with LIA in any way, I got shafted by them in game and made fun of them multiple times.

But That doesn't change anything on the fact that they absolutely should get a seat on a government made up of OFs, or said government becomes just an arbitrary group of people heavily incentivised to keep new factions out to not dilute their voting power
(09-26-2020, 06:54 PM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]A) TAKE AWAY GOVS FROM PLAYERS AND BACK TO STORY DEVS AND GMs

Some factions must lead by the players from the Official factions. Just my 2 cents
Yeah that was my point
Big drawback of A) is way less government activity

So if we keep governments in player hands, they shouldn't be random arbitrary people, but OF representatives automatically
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6