Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [PoB] Real time advertisment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Descritiption: I have a great idea. To have real time advertisement about all pobs available in game. Advertisement would be available about pob, only if owner enables this function.

Details:: /show pobs - command shows list of pobs, which are willing to share information about them
/showid <IDnumber> - shows some sort of text and list of commodities, which owner set to be showing. You can see price for every item and available quantity. So basically partially shown /shop but only for commodities owner chooses.
/show <NameOfPoB> - alternative to use command above

Example:: if the pob is just ore trading one.
owner sets short text info.
chooses to show for export Ore
chooses to show for import Repair materials/Food
chooses to show free pob space or not
chooses to show available credits or not
chooses to show buildmod and facmod lists

result: some player writes /show pobs (probably pobs which updated info recently will be shown at the top of the list)(The will have their ID number as not changing in any case)
he sees among the names:
34 - Sigma Trading Post
he writes /showid 34
(or /show Sigma Trading Post)
(or /showt to get info from selected in radar pob)
he gets:
Sigma Trading Post: "We are ore trading pob, which operate with next named things.... lalala lalalalala. If we aren't afraid we say our location in system, quadrant 8-D. We allow landing only for registered people or for people with tags/factions which are lalalalala"
Free cargo space: 45050
Available credits: 200'000'000
Shop:
Docking: Your ship will be able to land
Selling: Xeno relics for 3000$, available quantity: 45000, minstock 0, maxstock 0.
Selling: Helium-3 for 3000$, available quantity: 25000, minstock 0, maxstock 0.
Selling: Jump Drive MK3 for 350'000'000$, available quantity: 1, minstock 0, maxstock 0.
Import: Food rations for 1000$, available quantity: 0, minstock 10000, maxstock 10000.
Import: Oxygen for 1000$, available quantity: 0, minstock 10000, maxstock 10000.
Modules in construction: Cargo module awaits 40'000 Hull Segments, 10'000 Industrial hardware.
Devices in construction: Jump drive MK3 awaits 20'000 industrial hardware, 20'0000 Silver thing and e.t.c.

Additional thoughts:: Why is it cool? Because all data will be taken from pobs in real time. We will have real time knowledge how much they have ore available and for which price, what they wish to get or sell. We can check if they have ore without flying to them.

Additional thoughts #2:: Probably some web site thing to show similar things would not hurt.

Additional thoughts #3:: It will be useful even if used by owner only. Because he can see pob status from any sirius corner without landing on it.
Additional thoughts #4:: as a default choice to have next setting for command
/show pobs
it will show only list of pobs, you will be able to dock with your current ship (which decided to show information about them)

/show pobs all - perhaps adding feature to show all not password protected pobs which enabled feature to show advertisement. So you could see for some reason not dockable bases? Not sure if /show pobs all command should be present.
I like it yet I'm also somewhat scared of it being misused and for the following reasons:

+ It can actually be an economy booster and trade stimulator;
+ It can be interesting for both traders and those hunting them (let's make it interesting for all...);
+ It can save precious time flying to a PoB only to find out it's empty or doesn't have sufficient funds.

- I'm afraid enabling this feature draws 'attention' from those merely seeking to destroy PoB's regardless of RP;
- I'm afraid it may be used as 'leverage' by those willing to impose excessive taxes on the owner. (emphasis on excessive)

Yet, for now I see more 'Pros' than 'Cons' and yes, why not? In real life I can look up stores online as well so as the game is set in the future, this should certainly be available.

Good job!
(10-02-2020, 03:24 PM)Pennyfield Wrote: [ -> ]+ It can actually be an economy booster and trade stimulator;
+ It can be interesting for both traders and those hunting them (let's make it interesting for all...);
+ It can save precious time flying to a PoB only to find out it's empty or doesn't have sufficient funds.
add here:
+ It can save precious time flying to a PoB only to find out it can't be docked at all.

(10-02-2020, 03:24 PM)Pennyfield Wrote: [ -> ]- I'm afraid enabling this feature draws 'attention' from those merely seeking to destroy PoB's regardless of RP;

Additional thoughts #5:: as an option we can set password to access such info, so they would have to insert one of three next choices:
/showid 34 Password
/show Sigma Trading Outpost Password
/showt Password

In this way if owner afraids to attract attention, he can use it at least for himself and his close friends, trusted people.

protected by password pob advertisements, will not be shown in pob list available by /show pobs or /show pobs all

(10-02-2020, 03:24 PM)Pennyfield Wrote: [ -> ]
- I'm afraid it may be used as 'leverage' by those willing to impose excessive taxes on the owner. (emphasis on excessive)

Can you elaborate it slightly more?
What I already suggested once if possible - making one featured commodity count visible on forum POB list. This way mining POBs could make great use of it.
As to elaborate, I have seen a few messages where PoB owners are charged exuberant taxes for 'just being there'. Even PoB's that solemnly exist for RP reasons are taxed so having this feature enabled could make the system lords ask for more.

Enabling this feature can become something that system owners may 'demand' from a PoB owner which would be wrong. Transparency can be nice yet it should not be demanded but then again this is out of scope for this mod suggestion. The fact that it can be enabled, set with a password or not used at all nullifies my worries.
(10-02-2020, 03:40 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]What I already suggested once if possible - making one featured commodity count visible on forum POB list. This way mining POBs could make great use of it.

as a way already making it possible without working with web site features:

Additional thoughts #6::
You can enable commodity which would be shown (with its quantity) near your pob name
in /show pobs list, without need to access detailed information.