Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To K'Hara Nomad faction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When I came back to Discovery and saw, that there is an active Nomad faction I was looking forward to some interesting interaction and good roleplay, as I have in my memory from the time Treewyrm started the first faction.
Looking forward to something makes the disappointment even greater, when it comes to it and there is nothing. Some preset messages before the pew pew and that's it.
More disappointing the fact, that your members cannot distinct between their Nomad characters and some others they have.
For the last days I had multiple encounters with Nomad players who logged in, just to interfere with the ongoing event by shooting down only Corsair transports with event cargo and then to leave and log off.
What shall I make of it, that you openly support the OC faction in this event? That some of your members have OC characters and abuse their Nomad account?
I cannot judge all your members and chars individually over the behavior of some, but since they represent your faction I must judge the faction as a whole.

Hereby i will set all K'hara on the chat ignore list. I will not engage in any RP fashion with your members. You may do the pew pew thing, but for me it will just be a system malfunction. I write that, so if any of you is running into one of my chars you do not wonder about not being observed.

I was told, since the preset messages, are "good" enough to not violate server rules, that the admins wont look into the following matter:
Players abuse their Nomad chars for the simple reason to harass others who either are Corsair transports or support the Corsair transports in the ongoing event.

That is really sad.
AoM
Just to add
Outcasts are the only human faction with which nomads have.... sort of neutrality
Nomads don't shoot them first unless they shoot us.
Just by the lore nomads are respected as spirits of the underworld by outcasts

There is nothing similar for GMG, Cryer, or Corsairs.
Corsairs should be targeted first due to them being thieves of nomad artifacts.
Then I guess GMG or Cryer, choose anything.

I am not K'hara btw.

Lack of RP is another matter. I hope they do proper RP when they are 1 vs 1 at least.
I mean I personally wouldn't want my OF to log against transports in an unrelated event, kill them and log out to avoid a fight with combat ships constantly.

But I don't think there's a rule against that, nomads always kill OC in raids and cleanses but lore allows them not to. Heck I have even submitted the -0.55 mirrored rephack request myself! (OC have noms and vagrants at no more than -0.9 now even though Nomads have OC fixed at -0.55) I assume K'Hara HC will now be all for processing it since they are singling out one side in a 3way event and helping OC, GMG and Cryer big time. Just happy to be part of improving Disco Smile
(10-03-2020, 02:46 PM)AngelofMercy Wrote: [ -> ]Hereby i will set all K'hara on the chat ignore list. I will not engage in any RP fashion with your members. You may do the pew pew thing, but for me it will just be a system malfunction. I write that, so if any of you is running into one of my chars you do not wonder about not being observed.
AoM[/size]

Please don't. If you don't see their RP, you will think they attack without any RP, and you might get frustrated more or even submit pointless rule violation report.

You can choose to simply not mind their roleplay and carry on with your business.

Also, Nomads are aliens, hostile aliens, who want to destroy humans. Expect to get shot by them if you are not Outcast. Even if you are Outcast, you might get shot by them. It's appropriate form of roleplay.
(10-03-2020, 03:00 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]I am not K'hara btw.

Lack of RP is another matter. I hope they do proper RP when they are 1 vs 1 at least.
K'Hara officials log when transports come, camp jump holes in Theta and Gamma (ONLY - never in systems other factions haul in), /1 /2 transports and cloak + leave/logout when combat ships log. The fought like 2/10 times. I very much doubt there is a rule that prevents this, that's just allowed metagaming of player lists. Frustrating? Yes. Dubious for an OF ships to do this? Also yes. Against rules? I'd say clearly no.

When it comes to OC + Nomad like I said it's very confusing - since when you look at OC rephacks, Nomads are are at -0.9. I submitted a request to fix this so they are mirrored. We had an issue like this before in the event.
I'm not in K'Hara (they banned me from their discord the second I showed up 2-3 years ago btw) and I'm not in the event in any form, but I'd like to say 2 things:

- Outcasts and Nomads have a quasi-friendly relationship since always, even in vanilla.

- In my experience all denominations of nomads have always behaved like this, and that's more because Disco's lore gives them very little room for anything else, and less because individual nomad players or factions are doing it "on purpose".

I'd say either try to improve the Nomad lore so they can be better, or become more tolerant of what some consider "abuse", if not for their sake but for your own sake so you don't escalate into some sort of hate trip.

Also they have a feedback thread here:
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...12&page=19

Would be easier to find if Official Factions had their feedback threads in their faction folders.
(10-03-2020, 03:31 PM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2020, 03:00 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]I am not K'hara btw.

when transports come, camp jump holes in Theta and Gamma (ONLY - never in systems other factions haul in), /1 /2 transports and cloak + leave/logout when combat ships log. The fought like 2/10 times. I very much doubt there is a rule that prevents this, that's just allowed metagaming of player lists. Frustrating?

I am glad you brought this up because during the entire event
we have the usual suspects doing excactly the same thing in Sigma 19.

Always only attacking OC,OC related,OC friendly transports and
never going after the lawful side while also being hostile to them.

Camping and metagaming is also part of the repertoire.

"You reap what you sow"

I am not K'hara btw
Most outcasts are atm hostile to Nomads, you can thank Legion Maltesa and Hispania Imperial for that. So except for pre-combat or gloating their enemy, K'Hara don't roleplay, the last time I checked, their policy was to shoot everything and leave roleplay to wilds (who, usually, don't log outside of conn or don't RP without ooRP arrangements) . So if you're looking for some kind of Roleplay interaction with Nomads, the only group you can count on are Vagrants. You can learn about them here
Very amusing thread tbh. Did someone Oneshot your unarmored transport?
Hi. I am the Khara 1IC.

If you have any evidence of such things send it my way. Also hit me up on discord and I can explain a couple more things to you that are relevant to this situation and how Nomads behave.

Let it be clear that I dont want my nomads attacking transports for the sake of easy kills. If there is a genuine reason, other then lol lets kill tranaports, then its fine.

Discord: Connor#6114
Pages: 1 2 3