Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Bretonian factions and the Owner of Leeds Search & Rescue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some confusion for clarity please.
The POB "Leeds Search & Rescue" parked outside the Planet Leeds is affiliated Gammu AI.
Now I believed that Gammu AI is hostile to the Bretonian Police, The BMM, Gateway, BIS as well as a few more. So I ask why is a Gammu AI base situated in a Bretonian System?

If they have been granted special status can I ask the Owners to achieve 2 favours.
The first is to move it as it is in the direct path between the trade lanes and is an obstacle to free movement. The second is to please make Bretonian Factions friendly and stop the base shooting at BMM ships that are trying to avoid your base as we fly from one trade lane to the next. Hardly a friendly act when you are parked in Bretonian space.

Thank you.
The AI should be neutral to Bretonian factions, but if the base is shooting at a Bretonian faction, it is breaking the law and the situation must be handled. Send a comm to Bretgov with an image of it shooting at your ship and an image of your ship's ID via the comms channel.

It could also be that you shot the base by accident though, or shot a cruise disruptor nearby, whose explosion activated the the base's defence protocol by accident.
Perhaps but not all my BMM ships. Thanks for the advice.
I have just created a Gammu AI character to test thier diplomacy. They are hostile to most Bretonian factions so it is strange that they have a base in Leeds.
When this base has been constructed they were not hostile to Brets and actually neutral. It's who requested the change of the rep but he has no ties with this POB. is familiar with the owner. They are playing human-friendly AI and harm no humans, feel free to ask her (Paddy) about this faction, because I, honestly, can't find their info thread.
(10-07-2020, 09:43 PM)Groshyr Wrote: [ -> ]When this base has been constructed they were not hostile to Brets and actually neutral. It's who requested the change of the rep but he has no ties with this POB. is familiar with the owner. They are playing human-friendly AI and harm no humans, feel free to ask her (Paddy) about this faction, because I, honestly, can't find their info thread.

The fact is no one wants to sort this out. AI have always been neutral to most factions, able to land on most bases but not take missions (-0.3 I think). This was the norm for all the years i have been on DiscoveryGC

It was changed by a GM to 0.0 across the board except to Core and Nomad and Nomad associated factions, which was odd. It did not make any difference however to regular AI play and could have remained that way.
This was then changed by Snakthree and completely ruined the game play for AI forcing them to play nothing but hostile. Rather than put it back the way it was and had been for years, and then hummed and haa'd what to do, the GM have sat on their hands, played dumb and ignored it. Snakthree has no power they say to make the changes but someone did and it has screwed the scrum on AI rp which totally stuffed all the RP for the Daoine Saoirse AI faction.

How are we to read this lack of fairness? Incompetence? Biased about how things should be? Trolling? Bullying by omission? Harassing and pressurising GM?
More like the back handers flying about.
(10-07-2020, 07:13 PM)Bellepheron Wrote: [ -> ]Some confusion for clarity please.
The POB "Leeds Search & Rescue" parked outside the Planet Leeds is affiliated Gammu AI.
Now I believed that Gammu AI is hostile to the Bretonian Police, The BMM, Gateway, BIS as well as a few more. So I ask why is a Gammu AI base situated in a Bretonian System?

If they have been granted special status can I ask the Owners to achieve 2 favours.
The first is to move it as it is in the direct path between the trade lanes and is an obstacle to free movement. The second is to please make Bretonian Factions friendly and stop the base shooting at BMM ships that are trying to avoid your base as we fly from one trade lane to the next. Hardly a friendly act when you are parked in Bretonian space.

Thank you.

The AI have had their rep stuffed by the GM's and no one wants to fix it. All they had to do was return it to the way it was, but noooo!! Too much behind the scenes back stabbing going on. GAI have NEVER been hostile to BPA, BMM, GATEWAY, BIS etc.

I was told that a request has been put in to get it slightly relocated but that hasn't happened, or there was a stuff up somehow. However, it was placed there by a GM so must be OK. The base was RP'd correctly.
AI is -0.55 to majority of human factions and have mirrored rephack towards them. Which means that POB has bad defense mode or someone has GAI as hostile on their ships, which would have meant that they are still getting shot, even if GMs would have not fixed AI ID rephacks.

Stop trying to pin this on me or GM, fix your own reputations or learn how rephacks work.
I didn't know that GAI have ZOI in Bretonia and they can built a base in Leeds, but what's the purpose of this base anyway and how can it be good inrp for Bretonia? I'm just asking in terms of roleplay what's your next steps for this base in Bretonia?
Pages: 1 2