Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: disable NPC collision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i'm TIRED of getting my ASS SPUN AROUND like A COTTON YARN because of ONE TINY SHARDT just won't get off my case and stop me from playing the game

instead of deleting npcs and utterly destroying the ambience, just delete their collision hitbox. why? because npcs ruin your combat and flight experience.

please make them ghost with players

also no, environment collision does not affect shield collision, so you can still shoot them and missile them to your hearts content.
if you want something done, do it on your own.
i would not mind seeing same thing though.
(10-12-2020, 02:20 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]if you want something done, do it on your own.

yeah i'd rather not edit the game and get banned thanks, stuff only happens when the devs actually bother to push things.
(10-12-2020, 02:44 PM)Kauket Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2020, 02:20 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]if you want something done, do it on your own.

yeah i'd rather not edit the game and get banned thanks, stuff only happens when the devs actually bother to push things.

copy your freelancer folder
change what you think is needed to do it
test in single player/local server that it does what required is
document those changes in created thread(here?)
create player request to accept it (and/or copy directly to discord to some people perhaps)
(10-12-2020, 02:53 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2020, 02:44 PM)Kauket Wrote: [ -> ]

copy your freelancer folder
change what you think is needed to do it
test in single player/local server that it does what required is
document those changes in created thread(here?)
create player request to accept it (and/or copy directly to discord to some people perhaps)

yes I know how to mod for the game I've made stuff for ... It was a jest. Because the actual issue is that stuff takes an eternity to get pushed to the git.
We've been messing with trying to get flhook anti-spin 'countermeasures' to work but even with changed mass/drag/etc values (allegedly a requirement to make it work properly) there was unfortunately no noticeable effect.

What we need is this:

Why not let npc's die on impact?
If they spin you around as they die that doesn't achieve a whole lot (other than making farming gunboat missions in caps even faster because half of them will suicide on your hull).
Agreed, i forgot the npc's in missions
Maybe NPCs should use copied ships(like not eagle but eagle_npc), everything same except without or different collision box.
or a equipment that forces NPC ships into ghost command.
Pages: 1 2