Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Corvo class
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to move 4 of the turrets to the main body? as is, all of them being at the back make it a pretty poor defender of itself, since the shot travel times. can we move slots 5/6 to the bottom and 7/8 to the top of the main hull? they already have a 360 coverage so balance wize it shouldent make a diffrence, just usability.
I do see your point, and as I fly a Corvo I guess I have an interest in this. However, I have to admit that I like the clean lines it has currently due to the turrets all being mounted on the 'stub' wings.

Plus, there's something rather nice about being able to rotate them round to blast anything chasing you into atoms..
Well i did a test... if i mount solaris, i end up ramming a ship before the turrets reach the guy, to the front. YES, the rear fire is good, but all those turrets there SCREAM hull breach , since thats really only good for anyone dumb enough to go right behind you. usually bombers come in from bottom or side.
keep in mind that the turrets on this ship are just an excuse not to be defenseless like the whale.

but the ship IS "just" a civilian / zoner - research vessel...

it is a very inefficient combat ship - so those that fly it should rely on their status of being civilians and should mainly use diplomacy to get out of a sticky situation
yea, thats understood, im just saying if you DO end up needing to fight atm its useless unless their RIGHT behind you
In RP it seems like it would be more difficult to mount turrets on the wings. I really dont see why any faction would intentionally design a ship with poor weapon placement to make it less defendable. To meet RP reqs and balance reqs what about moving two of the turrets to the main body and possibly losing the other two?
trouble with that is it only has 8, 4 up 4 down, 6 side... so... taking 2 means it will have like NO up or down defence