Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Capital Ships and Shipyards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have many bases that sell capital ships but they dont have the facility to produce them and naval yards that can they sell civilian ships.
Why is that?
Good question, but thinking into it, the task to move ships to the "right" ship dealers for less immersion breaking is a herculic one.
There are so many things to keep in mind. For example: All ships belonging to the "civilian" line of fighters, bombers, freighters, transports and caps, including repair and construction vessels have to be available to all factions, unless an ID prohibits their use.
There might be the case of more vessels related to a certain faction, than this faction has ship dealers. So they need to be moved to the next logical dealer. For example: Military has their dealers mostly on stationary cap ships. They logically can offer fighters, bombers and freighters only. The military also might have a ship yard, but offers 5 different cap ships. In this case 2 of the ships have to be sold somewhere else, most logically on police bases or the shipyard hast to be changed to accommodate a second dealer.
I think you catch my drift. I would like to have this sorted out the "right" way as well, but I cannot blame the devs for not taking on this task. It would take a volunteer to take this on and come up with good suggestions to convince the devs to code the ship dealers this way.

AoM