Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rule question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I'm involved in PvP with another player and they use thrusters to get away, I know I'm not allowed to use cruise to catch up. What happens if I'm chasing them and (when their thruster hits 0%) they engage cruise? Can I do the same and then re-engage, or is it a case of once they're out of range, that's it?

Cheers.
You don't 'disengage' when you cruise. You're still in the fight. That's not been a thing for a long time.
You can both cruise as much as you please. The rule regarding no cruising in combat was removed years ago.
ok. Not played for years, so wasn't aware. Best catch up.

Cheers.
I have a question about the rules of PVP engagement. Say that two parties have started a fight (After giving the two line interaction before attacking) for whatever reason their is a pause in the fighting. Can either party open fire again without giving an chat indication that they are attacking again?
Some people agree to it beforehand, others just leave a //(insert reason for the pause then approve the continuation of the engagement), others dont care enough about it and will kill you anyway. It's more a question of who you run into

Personally, i stop my ship and leave a //notice. If im dead by the time i return, its fine. If not, i let them know im back by firing a warning shot or moving around them.
I am more referring to both side stop shooting and start talking in chat. Say the bigger ship(s) go down and the small ships start talking causing the other force to stop firing. If such a thing happens can either side engage again without doing another two line engagement?
(06-02-2023, 03:44 AM)Slimalou Wrote: [ -> ]I am more referring to both side stop shooting and start talking in chat. Say the bigger ship(s) go down and the small ships start talking causing the other force to stop firing. If such a thing happens can either side engage again without doing another two line engagement?

I've had this happen many an occasion, never seen or had a problem regarding it. I wouldn't say there is any specific rule that says you cannot.

The general consensus I've experienced is that once you've engaged, you're engaged for as long as you're still in the same active encounter with one another.

Say you leave sensor range, yet return later, you'd be wise to drop a /1 /2 for both assurance and courtesy.

Edit: Speaking of courtesy, say you do have a lull in a fight where you both stop shooting for a bit of RP, it would be nice to at least inform your opponent that you're re-engaging before shooting as it could be seen as a bit scummy and you'd be more likely to receive a butthurt report.