Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gun for a Dress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ames. A now partially vacant and dimly lit freeport that sat across the border from both Liberty and Kusari. In the past, it might have been a proper mosh pit for conflicting cultures and business interests, particularly of the aggressive sort. The Xenos were no stranger to this place, especially Morreti who enjoyed the isolation and visited frequently. He'd become a familiar face, somebody most of the staff knew on a first name basis and trusted to some degree.

The dockmaster on Ouray was curious why the Commander was leaving in a well ironed suit and without his gun, and when asked Morreti would simply state that he had a date waiting for him. He would be back the following morning, or so he'd claim just before taking off in his personal fighter. Whether she was there before he was remained to be seen, and soon after he landed he'd put a finger to his ear and give her a call over the net to check. "I don't think you mentioned where you'd be on the station. I'm curious what you look like in a dress, so hurry up and tell me." Amusement rang through his tone, as promised, he was here without a gun. But naturally he expected his date to keep up her end of the bargain.

Sun hurriedly cleans up the living area of her Serenity, despite it being already very tidy and clean. She jumps as she hears the comm from Damien "Oh, err, Docking corridor B, my serenity is there" She looks down at her Buddhist robes after finishing the comm "Gah, dress!" she says and moves to her personal quarters, she digs through a trunk of old memories and old clothes briefly looking at a picture of a Kusari man and herself, with hair. She finds a black-simple dress, nothing too fancy but what someone from nothing would call elegant. She takes off her Robes and neatly folds them, putting them on her single bed as she changes into the dress, looking at herself in a mirror. She pauses taking a deep breath as she looks at herself and moves to the airlock, waiting for Damien

His dramatic entrance would be somewhat anti-climatic, with the door beginning to slide open but jam halfway due to a technical failure. This meant that only Morreti's lower half was revealed, showcasing the fact that he was wearing trousers and dress shoes. He'd audibly sigh as this happened, crouching and instead opting to slip through the space available even if that wasn't advisable from a health and safety standpoint. As soon as he was clear of the door and had passed the threshold, the door would open all the way to permit entrance, which prompted the man to scratch his forehead in mild frustration. Eventually, however, he turned his attention to the woman who'd been watching him attentively, taking a moment to give her the once over.

From the seemingly expansive amount of tattoos that Sun was riddled with, Morreti had to assume she'd had an equally as colorful past as the paint which adorned her frame. A realization that caused him to smirk mometarily. "You look good." He stated simply, keeping his appreciation of her tattoos to himself for the moment.

Sun is a lot less confident and more nervous outside of her monk robes, she rubs her Koi-themed arm-sleeve tattoos nervously, before she does a small smile towards Damien "Thankyou, Damien" she says before she gestures for him to follow "Welcome to the Bodhi" she says. Inside the Bodhi most of the walls have paint on them, either a picture of a system or a ship, there's a few Nomads that she has painted over the years and a few paintings of planet surfaces. She is not wearing shoes within her ship, keeping to her bare-feet as she walks around her ship with her hands together. Moving off to a central dining area, there's no other crew on her Serenity, it feels quite open but also lonely.

Perhaps unexpectedly, he appeared to appreciate the void of a crew and bustling activity. Reclusive by nature and more inclined to keep to himself, there was always something pleasing to Morreti when a place that might have been crowded was freed of that burden and laid bare for its hidden charms to be seen. Though he took moments to appreciate all the artwork present on the walls, he made sure to keep pace with his date.

When they arrived at the dining area, he couldn't help but smirk again. "Oddly romantic for somebody who claims to readily reject intimacy." An attempt to break the ice, unsure of how it would be received, still he felt it was necessary to at least try to prevent her from being uncomfortably nervous as long as he was onboard.

Sun leads into the main dining area, there's a bolted down-table that has a simple table cloth over it with a few candles in the middle, bolted down metal chairs that have blankets and cushions draped over them for better comfort. Sun looks back over at him with a smile "It is almost impossible to be kind towards all without looking inward at the problems in my own life, Damien. Love and compassion are necessities, I just have been without my own for a long time" She states as she puts out two plates with metal forks and chopsticks "Well, for dinner it shall be a vegetable curry of my home. My mother makes it" she says as she moves over to the kitchen "You can watch me or sit, it is up to you" Sun says smiling at Damien and getting less nervous.

Candles and a fully laid out and prepared dinner table, all that was missing was dimmed lights and smooth jazz for this to have gone the extra mile into all out romanticism. Thankfully it hadn't been this way, it would have seemed off putting to him, the humbleness of the whole affair had an underlying sense of charm instead.

The answer to her offer of either sitting here and waiting or continuing on with her and watching, seemed obvious to him. But he wanted to provide reflection on something first, figuring she would be the sort to appreciate it. "Oh, I fully understand the appeal and necessities of loyal companionship. Maybe a little more than the average person does. Still, can't help but find it ironic because you seemed so self assured that you'd deny it, if ever confronted by such affections." Shaking his head soon after saying this, suggesting she didn't need to give it an answer right now, and also just instinctively. He still had more to say.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to come along and watch you. Maybe even help cut a few things up if you'll permit." It seemed logical to him to be spending more time with her and less time staring at an empty plate while she actually prepared the meal they'd share. It was also just the slightest bit of help and initiative from his part, so as to not let her efforts be burdened by any shortcomings that couldn't be foreseen by a person who'd been deprived of such contact.

Sun gathers up all the ingredients for the meal, a onion, a carrot, 2 gold potatoes, a bell pepper, 8 asparaguses, a Kusari eggplant, 4 king oyster mushrooms, a shimeji mushroom, 4 button mushrooms and a tomato. She looks up to Damien as he comments with a small smile "Some believe I am a monk, I do dress like a monk and I do help other monks at a temple on Pygar, but I am not a monk. The things I do, the thing I'm doing now, would not be allowed under monkhood" she says with a nervous chuckle as she lays out glass bowls of condiments and seasonings.

She puts some butter into a small saucepan and begins to melt it "In the beginning of my path, it was focused on changing myself, transforming my mind and my heart. But as I continued out on the universe, I become stronger and able to serve others, to help others, but I forgot about myself over that time" she speaks with a serene smile as she adds flour to the saucepan, she takes out a silicon spatula and begins to stir to combine the butter and the flour.

The admission that she isn't an actual monk makes him smile for a reason that can't quite be determined, neither does he make any attempt at explaining it. "Had me fooled." He admits in a hushed tone, watching as she gathers everything she needs. "Is there anything I can help with? I'm happy to ditch the jacket, roll up my sleeves and chop vegetables. Just need to know how the recipe needs them to be." Again, it was the slightest bit of assistance to help the date along. Cooking together, even if his abilities in this regard were fairly limited, could still easily be considered quality time together.

Sun looks over at him with a small smile "A Xeno who knows how to cook? Goodness, that is something I would let to see, cut the onion in half and each half into 4 wedges, then quarter up the potatoes, please" She asks of him, warming to his presence despite her knowledge that he is indeed a killer. She continues to stir the butter and flour-mixture speaking again "I am still a Buddhist, and what I do is my own path to enlightenment" she states with a smile.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5