Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Just another dissapointment.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Beep*

Interesting thing happened .... Why I'm able to buy and Mount on a ship a weapon worth 100mill a piece and after that not able to undock from the base with it mounted because MSG " its not for the Super Heavy Fighters" End of MSG. Which is fine, one of the many restrictions destroying the VHF and SHF section of the player base on the server limiting any flexibility of builds and personal preferences. I'm not that rich to try out the rest of the groups of ships ( Bombers,Gunboats etc.). So the main problem wasn't actually the pointless restrictions implemented in the name of RP, but the fact that u invest couple of hundred millions to buy overpriced guns with not that great stats and after that u cannot resell them on the base u cant lunch from with them for 50% off ( bearable loss ) but u need to unequip them lunch to space land on the nearest station and sell them for another 20million less. So just to see that u cannot use this weapon ( that is actually already mounted ) it costs a player lets see now 3x100 its 300m and u can sell them after that for 30mill each easy math i would say 210 million lost. Not that much only few hours of grinding trade's. But after another few hours of grinding I'm wondering if the next batch of weapons i find with not that garbage of a stat how much it would cost just to try to fly off into space with them? Another 200 million!?

Opinion...<deep breath>
I've just recently came back to the server with the help of the veteran program and few good players i met in the server. But with stuff like this .... Ugh 3 days into the server and i already wonder if i should quit. Half of the stuff on the server are not described right. People need countless hours researching what from where to get and I'm not talking about trade routes (those are always hard to find by yourself ). I'm talking about a nice setup of a ship. It doesn't really matter if its a freighter a fighter or a bomber, can't really say for the big ones because i had one almost 5 years ago.(when the server was way more enjoyable in my opinion.) The only real RP in this server are the restrictions of the factions. Had few player encounters besides the friends i made in those few days. We even thought of making a nice little backstory of a faction we wanted to form or clan as normal people call it, so back on the random player encounters got shot once for no reason, said Hi to few people i met at trade lanes, payed a Pirate fee who after that literally shot the transport behind me without any interaction, so yeah RP ... some other time

Meller signing out.

Beep*
Heya, long time semi-regular player here.

The easiest way to find a good trade route, is to start a ship, build it up to something smallish that can carry 2 or 3 hundred freight and then TRAVEL.
A LOT. Hit every base/station along the way.

As a starter route, simple but long, Rice from Kyushu(?) in Kusari to Rheinland, Baden Baden I think it is, is a reasonable earner with not much outlay.
Another one that often leads to some RP is Beer from Rheinland to Liberty. From New Berlin to Manhatten I think it is.

Rule of thumb for trading = the further you take it, the more $$ you are going to make.

As I said before, a small, fast ship, go from one side of the map to the other, land on every base/station along the way, only kill ships if you can't run (sometime smuggling to pirates can make you some serious $$) and eventually you will have a list of places that will let you pick up anything and know where to take it for a profit.

That's the way I did it at any rate.

Lastly, the cheap way, is to to mine Helium in Penns and take it to Kusari, can't remember where. Zero initial investment, with a good return at the other end.

EDIT: some of this may not make sense, written when I've had not very much sleep lol.

EdIT eDiT: Forgot to mention, once you have done that, upgrade your ship to a serious trading vessel and don't make the bonehead mistake a lot of people make when making a trading ship.... name it something that doesn't scream "THIS IS A CARGO VESSEL" heh.
Check the technology chart under player utilities for faction/ship compatibility. And download FLStat for help with commodities, ship and weapon locations.....