Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Police vs Navy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
By my count, there are 72,457 official house military factions, and one official police faction.

Why don't you play the police?

What would make you want to?
Take away law enforcement from Navy IDs. There, I just create a niche and reason for Police IDs to exist (they actually become unique). Right now they are literally just gimped Navy IDs. To the average player, especially when smuggling isn't even that active, TLAGS barely provides any kind of bonus or incentive. Navy IDs have all the tech, better ID lines, and usually wider ZoI (as well as always getting extra ZoI for events) that eclipses Police.
Navy should not be able to issue fines to law breakers.
There is no difference in the gameplay of the two npc factions for any of the houses.

same ship access except capital ships but even you see a faction like LPI mainly just fly gunboats and above

same guns

being an indie police is even worse because you have /no/ power over docking of smugglers which makes it entirely possible for them to just f2 on base and f3 because /nodock is OF only
As you know, I would rather, instead, merge Police and Navy into one law enforcement faction with access to TLAGS and up to battlecruiser for indies, and that police thing with permissions to forbid dock to lawful bases within their house and access to battleships for official factions. May be rough, but as well will limit number of r*tards in battleships rolling into battle and fire all guns.
Merge them in all but Liberty where LPI roleplay is different from Navy (and there is still an active faction)
and maybe bretonia

/Net and nodock only works on freighter and smaller on merged factions

There's not enough stuff to do as police on Kusari, Rheinland and definitely not Gallia. restricting other IDs will change nothing. Liberty is more than fine, Bretonia on and off. But Rheinland Kusari and Gallia, there's just no appeal when there's no permanent illegal traffic and action - might as well merge them.
It makes little sense for police factions to go on raids with capital ship fleets.
I'd rather know why Meph got given a yellow name tbh
Because why play Police when you can play Navy .
And for the gameplay, the Police is useless.
Police ID is just terribly overshadowed by the navy ID and they have nothing to compensate for it that navy can't do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6