Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dublin's mining Doldrums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(11-29-2020, 11:52 AM)Save My Soul Wrote: [ -> ]Paddy, aren't you tired of talking about it, eh? Your BOP POB mania becomes apparent. Just stop it, please. What POBs, gosh? PVE has come. Nobody else cares about mining, because it's much less profitable. And I'm not even talking about the fact that it's much easier than freakin mining. Everybody (almost, I guess, ya-ah) will just give a damn about ore POBs and mining until they fix economy.

I believe Paddy was talking about player activity in Dublin and its serious decline. She has made a good point.
There's like 12 POBs in orbit of New London, and 3 in the northern part of the system, activity there is really low. So your point is moot.

activity in London is dead because when DRA)- was around, we wanted to raid, but the lawfuls never left those damn POBs, so we couldn't have an interaction with them.

POBs in Dublin created the same issue, we wanted to interact with the local traders, but they always immediately docked on POBs and waited for us to log off to come back, therefore, no interaction.

The traders that were in BMF complained that they got 10 interactions a day from the local pirates, which is Disco's golden age era of activity that hasn't existed in quite some time. They stopped logging because this just in, traders only care about money, very few want to give interactions, therefore leading pirates to not want to give quality drawn out interactions because those same traders immediately ditch at any given opportunity.

The double standards at play when it comes to this argument are ridiculous at best, some pirates do only give a damn about robbing you, which is still pretty authentic for robbing roleplay, but that doesn't mean all said pirates want your money. Just like not all traders are whiny scum that claim pirates are evil just because they commit to different roleplay. Some give a damn about giving quality interaction even if it means they get screwed out of a good portion of the paycheck.

Activity comes directly to one's ability to roleplay and what they care about at the end of the day, if they only care about money, they're going to log off immediately and avoid interaction so there's no chance they get pirated. Which is a problem in and of itself.
(11-30-2020, 06:50 AM)Sniper Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Paddy was talking about player activity in Dublin and its serious decline. She has made a good point.
This just in, the player count in Dublin has declined cause the local gold miners (BMF and etc) are just fucking pussies who are too scared to mine without a pob with weapon platforms to run to and hug when they get robbed/engaged. The sooner we stop considering silent powertraders and other morons who contribute fucking nothing to the rp enviroment as activity the better.
Good ol' golden "We're not BMM, ffs" from BMF
Let's keep it civil, plenty of time to sh*tfling elsewhere boiz
(11-30-2020, 07:06 AM)Hemlocke Wrote: [ -> ]There's like 12 POBs in orbit of New London, and 3 in the northern part of the system, activity there is really low. So your point is moot.

activity in London is dead because when DRA)- was around, we wanted to raid, but the lawfuls never left those damn POBs, so we couldn't have an interaction with them.

POBs in Dublin created the same issue, we wanted to interact with the local traders, but they always immediately docked on POBs and waited for us to log off to come back, therefore, no interaction.

The volume of PoB's in NL increased due to increased defences when attack declarations, and you know that.

I still have my [M] tags and used to pillage the miners a lot, because there was activity generated by those local PoB's... and I am in a low pop time zone! Now? Meh... nothing going on. And if you had the smarts you would pop into the game close to the PoB and scare them to you. Plunder aplenty.

So, no. PoB's in Dublin INCREASED system patronage. This INCREASED pirate opportunities.

I also used to watch them truck the gold ore from the PoB's out and barreled them at the NL JH usually. Easy to track them.
Pages: 1 2