Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Battle Razors..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Have you ever tried to use a Nova torp? It's suicide, pure and simple. I won't even let my pilots use them, there's no way I'm going to toss away a perfectly good bomber just because there's something new and shiny about. Anyone can kill a nova torp from a distance, and it takes about ONE countermeasure to throw them off...
' Wrote:this is why nova torpedoes were buffed up to deal more damage than supernovas. You can fire one from 2k away and it will still hit most large cruisers, even the smaller ones if they arent moving around a lot.

But no, all the little bombers want to stick to their snova + disruptor setup, and then cry when they cant beat someone. You have the tools to win, use them.
That is complete gob, the nova torp doesn't nearly track something as agile as a kusari dessie when fired from 1k, nevermind 2. Hell, if you tried and use one once in a while you'd know.
Nova torp is a weapon exclusively for blowing off guns off a cruiser/battleship. Sure, it can make or break a fight, but it's hardly a breeze to hit with it. In fact, it's harder to pull off than SNing someone, because the projectile is far slower and starts off at 0 speed (+ the current speed of the launching fighter) and doesn't begin tracking until somewhere about a second later, so you need to time it perfectly lest it hits the shield of the cruiser right after it pops up, and wastes a nova torp for you as novas do nil effective damage to even cruiser shields.
putting the fact that i havent bothered reading the rest of the thread, do you mean to say that 3 bombers went up against a kusari destroyer, and not a single one had a CD, and to top that off, they got raped by dual battle razors?

dab, i aint played the game in a while, but even -I- aint stupid enough to joust a destroyer thats the size of a gunboat, and one that can dish out ****LOADs of damage if used correctly, neither am i stupid enough not to use CDs against such a ship. if you want, i can offer you lessons on how to fly bombers again:lol:

now, to address the last few posts: nova torps arent as bad as they were in 4.84. sure, chances of killing your own guys is still high, but its MUCH lower than what it was in 4.84. why? cuz CDs wont deflect/blow them up, and the targeted ship has to select, aim, and fire a salvo at the incoming torp instead, or use flaks. nova torps are -excellent- in raping caps, however they are useless against fighters and bomber (obviously).

making a snac faster is like inviting rape to a cup of tea at your house. actually, its worse. its like inviting a hillbilly over to your parent's house to introduce him to the family as your fiancee. dont get me wrong, ill love it since ill be able to score more kills with the snac on fighters and bombers, but i have a teensy weensy feeling alot of the people wont like that:lol:

Quote:Hell, if you tried and use one once in a while you'd know.

I do, my GRN bomber uses a supernova + nova setup, had no issues thus far. Can even hit gunboats with it while dodging, perhaps you should put aside 4.84 prejudice and give it a try?

you sure your not testing this against npc gunboats, or even worse, lower than average gb pilots? since thats what we call in psychology, a 'biased experiment'.

' Wrote:I do, my GRN bomber uses a supernova + nova setup, had no issues thus far. Can even hit gunboats with it while dodging, perhaps you should put aside 4.84 prejudice and give it a try?
Heh, hitting n00b gunboats who don't move is one thing. Try hitting a moving one that knows what it is doing. Oh and ramming one in doesn't count, because if you try that on a cruiser with razors... guess what? You get sniped! Hell, try it on a gunboat with razors and feel the pain...

Oh and I'd humour you on the 4.84 prejudice comment, but I was sort of there testing the nova when it was being balanced so I do know what I am talking about, enough to not spill forward heresy and conjure up magic bullets... or magic novas in your case:P
' Wrote:putting the fact that i havent bothered reading the rest of the thread, do you mean to say that 3 bombers went up against a kusari destroyer, and not a single one had a CD, and to top that off, they got raped by dual battle razors?

dab, i aint played the game in a while, but even -I- aint stupid enough to joust a destroyer thats the size of a gunboat, and one that can dish out ****LOADs of damage if used correctly, neither am i stupid enough not to use CDs against such a ship. if you want, i can offer you lessons on how to fly bombers again:lol:

now, to address the last few posts: nova torps arent as bad as they were in 4.84. sure, chances of killing your own guys is still high, but its MUCH lower than what it was in 4.84. why? cuz CDs wont deflect/blow them up, and the targeted ship has to select, aim, and fire a salvo at the incoming torp instead, or use flaks. nova torps are -excellent- in raping caps, however they are useless against fighters and bomber (obviously).

making a snac faster is like inviting rape to a cup of tea at your house. actually, its worse. its like inviting a hillbilly over to your parent's house to introduce him to the family as your fiancee. dont get me wrong, ill love it since ill be able to score more kills with the snac on fighters and bombers, but i have a teensy weensy feeling alot of the people wont like that:lol:

I do believe there were CDs involved, and jousting was not involved. No one is advocating an increase in the speed of SNs, merely a reduction in the speed of BRs.

As for Novas on bombers...yno. I had a SN/Nova bomber after people started with "yay, Novas don't suck any more"...well, the most useful thing you can do with a Nova is...umm...make a pretty pattern? Rape the guns/wings off an NPC? They have very little use when bombarding capships, and especially so in the case of destroyers who simply use their thrusters to evade them.
you know, i find it rather funny that people are persistant in their findings that nova torps are useless, since the last fight i went in with a sn + nova torp combo, i stripped 2 BH dessies of thier guns (and accidentally killed a shieldless preatorian that decided to ram the second dessie >.>), and managed to take of a turret off a BH BS before it ate 11 supernovas in a 5 second time window.

Honestly, i really also find it daft that 3 bombers, that didnt joust the destroyer, and they even had CDs, could not successfully destroy said destroyer, yet managed to lose 2 bombers to razors, and have the third one run.

* frozen scratches head.

well god damn, slap me silly and call me barbie, this is truly puzzling. :unsure:

and the making the snac faster comment comes from here:

Quote:Going by what you said a size reduction on the BS one would probably be best. Thats just me however

or.. we could make the snac faster but then that would probably cause some unseen problem as well so..eh

honestly? all i see here is rage that 3 bombers couldnt take down a single destroyer as one arguement, and another arguement that if you nerf the razors, big cruisers get pwnt. you lot are like a confused newly wed couple- they think they are in love, but they are always ready to stab each other with the biggest blade they can find.

' Wrote:honestly? all i see here is rage that 3 bombers couldnt take down a single destroyer as one arguement, and another arguement that if you nerf the razors, big cruisers get pwnt. you lot are like a confused newly wed couple- they think they are in love, but they are always ready to stab each other with the biggest blade they can find.

Yes! There are still people with sense around here! This community has hope!
well its just sooo hard to keep everyone happy someones bound to complain about something..

also im just going by what ive had to deal with anyway thats my last post for today..its late
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15