Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Confused about tech rules and whatnot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm new. I'm playing LAN mode with myself since I'll probably get banned from the official server with my ridiculous ping.

Anyway, I want to side with The Order but also want to fly a Falchion (mad props to the dude who made that btw, such a sexy ship). Whenever I equip weapons I bought on Taba station (Order owned), the ship complains that the tech is incompatible. I just want to fit it with long-ranged fast-hitting Tachyon weapons, are ships limited to specific weapon types? How do I turn this feature off on my server? If I'm stuck with it, which specific weapons can I fit this thing with? I notice the weapon energy kinda recharges way too slow for me with these things on.

Thanks in advance!

PS. I'm loving the mod so far! Good work, devs!
Due to discovery being a 'mostly' multiplayer mod, This gives factions the permissions to have what weapons, equipment, id, tech, etc. be compatable or incompatable with eachother based on roleplay needs. Like for example, Using a liberty ship with gallic guns would result in issues with "tech compatability" and as roleplay progresses, players and factions can request their technology to be compatable with ships.

TLDR: if you want to get the best out of guns, use guns that are suited for said ships: ( Civilian ships with civilian guns ) or something that is allied.

as for turning it off, Not that i know. if somebody knows, they'll need to add in.
Hmm. Reading the wiki, it says that the Falchion is a Border World ship, so which weapons are considered Border World's then, just the Civilian ones?

Oh and I'm trying to configure a wing to accompany me through the alley_npc.cfg file, if I set a neutral faction wing to follow me, will they fight any whom I fight or do I have to set up a wing for every faction so they'll target their specific enemies? Should I just use Freelancer faction for them?

Edit: I found a fix for my problem. Dropping it here for other people like me. I found a file called shipcompat.cfg and techcompat.cfg with the relevant data. It's enlightening but probably a nightmare to edit all of the ships. Luckily there's also a techcompat_exemptions.cfg which probably controls which characters/accounts can do away with said rules. These are all in the "FLhook_plugins" folder.
Yep, tech compats differ based on roleplay, as dime said, for example one may request a change in tech compatibility using appropriate roleplay, had it been done. You can use this to ease your work in search of what's compatible and what's not.
Guns are based on ID
Load order ID (I.e. Join order) on your falchion and you will have 90% power core with order guns and falchion

Don't forget to sell your old ID
Cool! I got everything set up and working now. My only problem is that .aifollow command doesn't seem to work on me Sad

Game keeps giving me "Err Unknown Command" whenever I use .aifollow or .aicome, .aidestroy works fine.

Edit: According to this thread, some of the ai commands were probably commented out. I dunno how to make my own flhook or where the aicommands to fix though ;_; HELP

Edit 2: Fixed it! This thread has a link to a supposedly updated alley.dll that has .aifollow enabled. I set up a custom fleet in the alley_npc.cfg, summoned them through .aifleet command and had them follow me with .aifollow. It just works! Just dropping it here for people who'll encounter the same problem.

Edit 3: Found a problem and a workaround for it. With the custom alley.dll linked above (or probably default behavior), .aidestroy command can't delete spawned fleets. Simple workaround is to spawn something through .aicreate then use .aidestroy as it nukes them all. Hope this helps someone eventually Smile