Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Christmas Recipies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure we have many less than standared Christmas (or Holiday, as I'm sure there's more than lapsed-Catholics in the community, please don't feel excluded because I titled this "Christmas"...I'm giving a dang tomato soup recipe.)

First made by my father, I believe at the limit of his culinary talent, which he has made on the night we decorate the tree, on Christmas Eve, and on the 26th to bring to the family reunion, every year of my life.

Father's Traditonal Tomato Buillion Soup

Tomato Juice, canned, not from concentrate
2 Onions, fine diced.
buillion cubes, to taste.
worcestershire sauce

These all go in a pot together and are cooked down untill they are slightly spicy to the taste. Its quite good.

Un's modified version.

3/4th gallon tomato juice,
2 onions, fine dice
4 tablespoons better than bouillon (beef)
5 tablespoons butter
worcestershire sauce
msg, salt, pepper.
Gruyère rind (though I think parm would be better)

Caramelize the onion with butter, better than bouillon, more than a dash of worcestershire (enough to color the onion) and a sprinkle of msg.
Deglaze with tomato juice, add Gruyère rind, salt, and pepper. Cook down untill as thick as creme, and add Worcestershire, msg, salt and pepper to taste.

In this one, the onions really shine through.

[Image: IMG_20201224_191120.jpg]
[Image: tenor.gif]

Yummy yummy Smile
I love Tomato soup xD
i just ate a bowl of chips when i thought i only had half a bowl of chips left and im left feeling reasonably satisfied thnaks santa