Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: @ BHG Gunship Pilots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thus far, I've only been on the receiving side of hurt from this ship, while flying my carrier... but after playing around with it in Open SP for a while it may just become the craft for my new character.

However, I got some questions on weapon setups for the people who are already flying it and have experience with it:

-Do you guys use the rear turrets for... anything? Using rear view to shoot backwards renders my manuverability pretty much zero, so I take everything shto at me. I tried putting some missile turrets on the rear hardpoints, but cant fire them forward unless in a hard pitch up or down, meaning there's no way I can add the gunboat's speed to the projectile.

-What weapon setups do you use/prefer? I've tried 2 pulse / 2 razor forward but, with missiles on the rear turrets not being able to fire forward I havent been able to deal effectively with even NPC fighters. I've tried 1 razor / 1 pulse / 2 missiles forward as well - but this lacks firepower against other gunboats and the asymmetry just annoys me, having one huge gun on one side of my ship, and a wimpy gun on the other...

Post your opinions/experiences, I dunno if I'm going to use the thing yet, but I'm looking for something that works well solo against both fighters/bombers as well as enemy gunboats (since as a merc/bountyhunter working alone, these will be my primary targets).
Cerbs/Normal Turrets , Dual Battlerazor's on the back.

Just press V really quickly vs other Capitals and fire the Battlerazors.
Hm... I guess I could use the rear turrets as "storage space", and swap around guns depending on the target I'm going after. If I take a bounty to kill a fighter/bomber, swap missiles/normal guns to the front, if I take a bounty to kill a gunboat or larger, swap heavy weapons to the front...
GS aint made to kill gunboats nor any capital vessel, they're made too kill fighters/bombers use full BHG turrets on the front, they do some nice damage and get rid of the fighters quickly, as for the back, 2 Cerbs i would say.
' Wrote:GS aint made to kill gunboats nor any capital vessel, they're made too kill fighters/bombers use full BHG turrets on the front, they do some nice damage and get rid of the fighters quickly, as for the back, 2 Cerbs i would say.

the ones that show up to our BHG vs Order events (which i believe are using double pulse guns, maybe razors as well) seem to do a pretty good job of mucking up my carrier's shield =/

I'm sure the BHG gunship, with at least one razor and one pulse gun, can deal with other gunboats. It can outmanuver any of them.
Thank you for your interest in our product.

A catalogue detailing customer experiences is available online at http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33811

We hope your gunship gives you many years of trouble-free maiming.

AP Manufacturing Customer Service