Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sim City 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
One of my favorite games all time. It's brilliant and has amazing graphics and a decent following. Anyone familiar with the Sim City series?

P.S. If you're interested in something along that line, check out Cities XL
Loved SC4, shame that they removed random disasters though. Commuter pathing was also a pain sometimes.
Still awesome game, and more than enough modded material to last a long long time.
I love the game... but i have to dig out the CD-key from somewhere... I have an odd feeling that I left it at my cousin's house in Texas (please note, I live in NJ)
The freaking graphics were bugged in mine, no idea what was causing it.
I keep going in the red!!! BAH.. I loose almost 20,000 a month.... My taxes are already at 10%!
' Wrote:I keep going in the red!!! BAH.. I loose almost 20,000 a month.... My taxes are already at 10%!

Why I use cheats

"Stop spending money like mad! I don't have leprechauns down here cooking up magic money you know!"

"Yes, but I do"
I am the SC4 King.

The trick is to not build too quickly, unless you build like I do, and reduce funding to all your facilities. Like, spending enough money on one school to support 200 students when you only have five is just a waste of money.

Traffic is easy enough to deal with if you start with streets and upgrade them as needed. Also, don't be afraid of using your unlimited powers of imminent domain.

My fast cash strategy is to spend all of my starting cash plus a couple loans and build a completely planned and gridded city. This works best when the city has a few well established neighbors. Doing this I end up having skyscrapers within a few turns and massive profits.:D

EDIT: Also, don't forget to build some farm towns nearby. This will help the population growth to remain steady.
' Wrote:My fast cash strategy is to spend all of my starting cash plus a couple loans and build a completely planned and gridded city. This works best when the city has a few well established neighbors. Doing this I end up having skyscrapers within a few turns and massive profits.:D

Yeah, use that one too, except start with only allowing small housing. If you jump straight to scrapers, then your pop. growth dries up. Spread out, then up always worked for me in grid cities.
As for having ajoining squares having the industry/business is the way to go. One of the huge squares for residential, with small/med squares all around for the industry. Miss out on some of the rewards doing it that way though.
' Wrote:Yeah, use that one too, except start with only allowing small housing. If you jump straight to scrapers, then your pop. growth dries up. Spread out, then up always worked for me in grid cities.
As for having ajoining squares having the industry/business is the way to go. One of the huge squares for residential, with small/med squares all around for the industry. Miss out on some of the rewards doing it that way though.

Yeah...I keep my cities fairly mixed though each one is usually dedicated to a certain purpose. For example, I fill all the tiles on the map with farmland with small backwater towns in them. I destroy farming as I grow some cities while others never change. Also, building large tracts of suburbs presents nice transportation challenges. Eventually, the cities that have grown up near the center of everything usually get overrun by high end commercial and a few residential high rises and suburban and industrial cities dotting the area around. So fun!
sim city.. oh the memories

:Pis this game still alive i might play it again
Pages: 1 2