Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zoner Sub Factions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As yall are aware, last year we grabbed the omicron Zoners and re-titled them Outworlders. These are a loose association organized around a trade agreement, but primarily, they're a group that can be treated with slightly different diplomacy than "Zoners". This helps resolve the issue of Zoners in 37 and zoners in Omicron Delta being tied to the same set of threats, because, realistically, what does a Zoner in Tau 37 care about the issues, economic or political, faced by the Zoners in Sigma 15?

Anyway, I'm curious how the community feels about us spinning out more of these sub-groups of zoners.
In terms of lore, RP and whatnot, this is good. But unfortunately, making more factions will just spread out the already small playerbase across more systems.
What could be done though is specify how there are different types of Zoner sub-groups in-lore, rather than make new factions that nobody, or just 2-3 people, will play.
Tbh I like that zoners united under one id
[Image: 528px-Zoners_Logo.png]
Internationality and unity
A little bit like mandalorians: this is the way.

If there would be radical zoners, which totally go to opposite direction from main philosophy, they could be splitted to separate ones (but I think that is already perfectly dony by official ids), but other than that... main id should remain global. It makes them united as one ideology, family. A nice feeling of unity.
(01-26-2021, 03:00 AM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh I like that zoners united under one id
[Image: 528px-Zoners_Logo.png]
Internationality and unity
A little bit like mandalorians: this is the way.

If there would be radical zoners, which totally go to opposite direction from main philosophy, they could be splitted to separate ones (but I think that is already perfectly dony by official ids), but other than that... main id should remain global. It makes them united under one ideology.

Zoners are neither internationalist nor united. They are a bunch of drifters or outcasts who flee from the jurisdiction of the Houses for various reasons be it exploration of desire to live "free" while not devolving into unlawfuls. Establishing a unity in any sense would defeat the very idea behind zoners. Cooperation - sure. Unity? Definitely not. Internationalist? They are not a nation or group of nations, but a bunch of individuals. And they have no single ideology but a plethora of individual opinions on why it is better to live not in the Houses but otherwise.

Gameplay-wise, i think one ID and one IFF fits them better. People just should pay more attention to the RP side of zoners. Every Freeport and colony faces problems of their own unless located really close, and should share cooperation maximum in intel-sharing and supplying. I doubt a frontier settlement in modern State of Washington would be sending troops to help some settlement in southern Colorado. Supplies and info? Maybe. But not people.
one zoner group being radical and the other being peaceful is sort of why the split was necessary

that and if one zoner group messed around you didnt have to make every single zoner hostile to your faction (which we should have done anyway, zoners are the worst)
Did the fact that Outworlders were hostile to everything get adressed yet?
Quote: Internationalist? They are not a nation or group of nations, but a bunch of individuals.
Quote: should share cooperation maximum in intel-sharing and supplying
That is exactly what internationalism(and unity) in my opinion.

Union of people of many different nations(up to every person having its own nationality)
Internationalism has a distinct definition: "the principle of cooperation among nations, for the promotion of their common good, sometimes as contrasted with nationalism, or devotion to the interests of a particular nation." The key word is nation, and zoners are by no means a nation.

Unity would involve some ideology to rely on. Zoners lack it too. The only thing uniting them is the willingness to live aside. This indeed can unite them in some way but not to the extend of, say, Fp10 being harassed by the OC bcs it is their backyard so FP2 sends them reinforcement of a few Aquilons.
I do sort of like they they are hostile to house corps and such. I think that it should be its own ID, and basically be a Zoner with some limited Piracy allowances on house id's in some sort of ZOI.
In terms of RP I personally don't really care about separation, to be honest. In terms of gameplay – yah, it may take place. But it looks unfinished. You either need to go further and give them their own ID, allow caps only to them (because judging by the shipyards or any other shipbuilding stations that have all gone under Outworlders control, Zoners can no longer build caps bigger than GB, or Q-ship at best), make a separate ZOI for caps and smaller ships, and even maybe make them united and whatnot like said, or just return it all back as it was, because unfinished content isn't good.

(01-26-2021, 05:28 AM)Delta Mining Corp. Wrote: [ -> ]I do sort of like they they are hostile to house corps and such. I think that it should be its own ID, and basically be a Zoner with some limited Piracy allowances on house id's in some sort of ZOI.

I find amusing the fact that you liked it. Given that Outworlders hostility is nothing more than a bug related to their IFF which used to be Zoner Guard, and thus hostile to almost everyone. Because when Outworlders were introduced into the game they just changed the name of IFF and did nothing else. It's just a gig, not a feature, lewl.
Pages: 1 2 3 4