Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Falling Blossom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Reiko sits silently and patiently in her pod inside of one of the Golden Crysanthemum's cargo holds. Thoughts and flashbacks raged in her mind from the events that took place just moments ago. Her squad mates calling her names, mocking her, positioning aggressively around her, and eventually firing on her. But she is the greater warrior than those men Heh, men... more like boys, base off of their behavior. And from their fighting skill. One on one she could have defeated them with one hand tied behind her back. But she had to fight 5 of her Kusari Naval Forces comrades at the same time. She defeated them, but at the cost of most of her flight controls. Her ship was leaking oxygen, feeding into a fire that had sparked in one of her engines.

She then remembers a pack of police and GC pilots showing up. The police were shooting at her after she destroyed her squad. Of course, they didn't see what happened just moments ago. How she was fired on first. There's NO way Reiko can return back to base, she'd be arrested on sight! She wouldn't have a fair trial. No, perhaps... perhaps these GC sisters could be a new home. They hadn't shown her aggression so far, but they were timid and alert.

"Help! Mayday, mayday! My friends are attacking me..." rings in her head. People that were supposed to watch her back, instead, shot at it.

Reiko feels a bump as the ship enters into what seems like a docking pattern. She looks up, her eyes wide and ready to be transported out this cargo hold.
Sadako wasn't in her best mood when the she kept trying the invalid access code to the escape pod in the cargo hold of her fighter. After the 7th or 8th attempt she got to work with a laser cutter while mumbling curses under her breath.

After several minutes light peered though the cracks and the door finally swung open. Sadako, nicknamed Fuji, was looking down on the woman strapped in the escape pod, somewhat with contempt in her eyes

You are now a prisoner of the Gen'an GC. Resist and you will be shot. Be rude and you will be shot. Do anything I dislike and you will be shot. Now come with me.

Sadako hit the button that opened the cargo bay doors. While waiting for Reiko to get out of the pod, she leaned against the hull wall and held Reiko under gunpoint.

Do not let me wait all day.
Reiko looked up at the gun. This made her nervous. She nodded in agreement and slowly stood up.

Okay, okay. Yes, yes. I understand. I... I will comply!

Her voice labored with fear and anxiety. She wonders if it may have been better to press her luck returning to base. But, this is her fate now, whether she likes it or not.

She is in fear of her life, but her military training makes her move with a sense of urgency. She calmly but hurriedly moves toward the exit of her pod while many eyes watch her. Reiko's eyes dart around for potential escapes should things get messy. It's too dark... there is simply no escape. The discipline and order of the GC has not been tall tales. Not one bit...
Sadako walked behind her, aiming the gun at Reiko's back, as they moved forwards, outside of the ships cargo storage and into the light. There three Iris and two Blossom fighters stood idle in the massive carrier bay of the Ise Jingu, illuminated by the strong ceiling lights. Two more pilots were present, Sada Aeru and Katagiri Minako. They were discussing the new captives: Reiko and the five other pilots that attacked her.

Sadako urged Reiko towards the two with the barrel of her gun That was some messed up situation back there and I would like to know what was the deal with those KNF shooting at eachother. Sada-sama, we should question the erratic one, who got shot at by the KNF. What do you think?"
Reiko watches Sadako waving her gun as if motioning her to move toward the other girls that are standing there. She moves with urgency, but calmly, wanting to remain, or become, in good graces with her captors.

...What do you think? Sadako asks the two girls.

They shot at me first! They... my so called, brothers... they are jealous of me... Reiko complains, her voice pleading at first, turning to anger as her eyes dart at the other KNF pilots.
Aeru contemplated the prisoner for a moment and she could not help but see a pitiful and worthless enemy. A daring and assertive look reflected in her eyes and she said:

“Pfft. What a waste of oxygen. Sadako-san, why did you bring this useless scum to our perfectly equipped ship? She will not say anything interesting to us. Just push her into the airlock and let’s go to get some tea.”

Of course, Sada just wanted to be entertained for a bit and see what is going to be Reiko’s reaction. She thought that this fallen Navy member has something interesting to say, considering her situation with her former companions in space.
Or maybe I have some interesting things to say. Those people... those... men, never gave me a chance! Her voice becoming angrier.

They never gave me a chance. All of the battle exercises and high-risk operations, even though I have proven myself superior in every battle simulation I was in, I was skipped time and time again. And when I complain to high command, my own comrades turn on me and attack me. I have nowhere else to turn! My own people... wanting me dead. So, perhaps...

Reiko turns and steps toward Aeru. This causes an alarm and a raising of weapons from all parties, except for the prisoners, in the room.

You want me dead? Pull the trigger. I have nowhere else to go...

Her eyes are now wide, her voice unwavering.
Sada raised her hand, calming everyone on the carrier bay. Then, in completely disinterest, she lowered her extremity and looked at it, in a pretentious manner, as she would have broken a nail.

Disgusting. Even facing imminent death, she just wants to prove her own mediocrity blaming others. You made your choice when you picked that filthy uniform. It makes sense that you have been suffering the consequences for that decision. You should have known better.

Getting closer, Aeru faced her from a prudent distance, laughing softly and gentle. Her harsh thoughts succumbed for a moment.

Nevertheless...it is easy to be seduced by ideals and motives that can leave you in nasty places. The behavior of your loving and caring wingmen, trying to kill you, is not a surprise for us. Many sisters have endured through similar situations. Many were former KNF pilots, supposedly doing the right thing. But things are not so simple in the end. Am I correct?

Before Reiko could answer, Sada rapidly approached the prisoner and grinned. Face to face. Breath against breath.

Do you want to die so soon? Is this the end of your story? I would prefer the airlock; it is cleaner for the ship.

Sada’s sudden changes of mood amuse herself. A spoiled girl playing with her disposable and living toy. Not a girl, but she felt pleasure with that. Not a toy, but someone who can be useful and more.
Reiko's glaring eyes remains fixated on Sada's. Her mouth is slightly gaped. She seemed to not care whether she lived or died. For a few moments, she believed it too. But since that scenario is realer than ever, fear begins to creep into Reiko's mind. She is never one to back down or take a knee to a challenge. There is no courage without fear.

Do I want to die? No. At least not until I have my revenge...

She glances away from Sada and to her supposed 'comrades'. To the other KNF pilots she wants called brothers. They never saw her as their equal. That much has become clear this day.

I would rather live forever. Do good for my friends. Seek revenge against those who have done evil to me. So no, not eager to die. Especially not by airlock or by a bullet.

Reiko's eyes return to Sada's, the two staring at each other closely and intensely.
Sadako simply leaned against the hull of Sada's fighter while watching the standoff with her arms crossed.

"No one lives forever, dear, but I like your spirit. Shall we put your words to the test then?"

Sadako grabbed one of the tied up Navy prisoners by the foot and started dragging him over the floor towards the nearest airlock. There she pulled down a heavy lever and the inner doors slid open while a warning sound went off. She dragged him and then pushed the lever back up. The doors shut down with a hard thud and the warning sounds ceased. Sadako pointed at the levers next to it.

"I want to see how pissed off you actually are. Pull the left lever back down, the doors will open and he will live. The lever next to it will change the atmospheric pressure slowly to adjust to outer space. Basicly he will slowly suffocate. The level to the far right will open the outer airlock. Without depressurisation, he will simply be flushed out to space."

Sadako stood back from the controls and motioned Reiko towards the levers.

"His life is in your hands,"

She gave a smug smile to Sada.
Pages: 1 2