Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Omicron Major and the Dyson 'Sphere'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the 'Spear of Anubis' event seems to indicate there may be 'no way back' from Omicron Major...

Does this mean it will be nomad accessible only? Snub access only? Or being cut completely?

I keep a ship out there just to log to look around every once in a while (because its one of the nicest spots in the game), this event coming up got me looking around the hexagonal (or octagonal?) pattern wall out there myself, and my last question is, can it be completed? If not multiplied and rounded to make an actual sphere, I assume if the 'wall' is just a giant square, why not make 5 more and arrange them into a big cube?

If the plan is to cut Omicron Major, that is crazy! Just finish that big thing, even double each wall, make them front to back and make the cube hollow so it can be entered, put a star and a planet inside there perhaps...? Even if just a big cube, flying around the surface low is really fun, especially if being chased by nomad npc's. See if it were up to me, we'd be allowed to jump transports and try building bases out there (for research purposes or simple human colonization). Either way, if it were a sphere or cube you could just continue flying around it endlessly.
Huh - what gave you that Idea
Iota Major are both staples, very popular systems

Only thing I can see happening is Psi merging with Major But honestly Devs should stop with the system deletion - that double jump is a cool concept

Yes player base is lower - but these "cool" systems that aren't there for trading are amazing for exploration

It's especially great to have depth in nomad worlds as they give the impression of something vast.

Imo we can have multiple systems that are not necessary for getting from A to B but have cool unique things to explore, like Major, Baffin etc.
, please, read the event post accurately.
Major won't be removed and there are no links to it. As the event thread says, connection will be provided by making one-side jumphole to the Major both from Zeta and Iota to maintain comfortable trip for participants.
(02-04-2021, 10:19 PM)Vitoniz30 Wrote: [ -> ], please, read the event post accurately.
Major won't be removed and there are no links to it. As the event thread says, connection will be provided by making one-side jumphole to the Major both from Zeta and Iota to maintain comfortable trip for participants.

Right well that makes sense but it kinda looked like it might be a send off party. But I was hoping that would be extreme even for this place. Either way I had been meaning to bring up the thing out there and the idea of doing something new with it, since it is also one of the coolest things in the game. Maybe there's a way to turn it into a dodecahedron or something rounded. Otherwise I vote for a giant cube! That would turn the system into a new wild west even for the omicrons. Especially if you could get inside and there was a minable commodity somewhere, on top of nomad spawns.
This event is an Official Faction event. Not an official story event.