Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Owned Base Model Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Custom POB Model Feedback

Following the addition of models for purchase by players for their POBs, we wanted to gather feedback concerning implementation and option availability from the community. For reference, I am posting the original request thread below. Please share your comments/thoughts here so we can improve these options for the community.

Custom POB Model Purchase Requests

Owners may submit requests for the purchase of custom POB models for their bases. Each owner may purchase a model at any time, but staff reserve the right to reject such a purchase if the model would not fit the location of the base or nature of the base's IFF: i.e., an asteroid model in direct orbit of a planet apart from a field, prison station for corporate bases, etc. Screens of each available model are provided below with designations.

Pricing

All base models are purchasable for Sci-Data, Credits, or a combination of Sci-Data and Credits as follows:
  • Core 1 - 200 Sci-Data or $6,000,000 Credits
  • Core 2 - 400 Sci-Data or $12,000,000 Credits
  • Core 3 - 800 Sci-Data or $24,000,000 Credits
  • Core 4 - 1600 Sci-Data or $48,000,000 Credits

As models are currently tied to core level and cannot be applied to higher or lower cores. Any player purchasing a Core 1, Core 2, or Core 3 model will be able to apply the purchase price of a previous model to the purchase price of a higher-core model:

• Owner purchases Core 1 model for 200 Sci-Data. When upgraded to Core 2, the owner can pay 200 additional Sci-Data for a Core 2 model for a total spent of 400 Sci-Data.
  • Owner purchases Core 2 model for 400 Sci-Data. Instead of purchasing a Core 3 model at upgrade, the owner chooses to wait to purchase a Core 4 model. The Owner can purchase a Core 4 model for 1200 Sci-Data for a total spent of 1600 Sci-Data.

Model Previews

Model changes will be handled like all other POB Requests through this sub-forum, and the following template should be used:

Code:
[b]Request for POB Model Purchase[/b]

[b]1. Name of your base[/b]

[b]2. IFF of your base:[/b]

[b]3. Model requested:[/b]

[b]4. Date of any previous requests:[/b]

[b]5. The name of the ship holding the purchase fee.[/b]
Perhaps I should first wait for Mep to buy a special model for Iejima and only then besiege it.
slappy you beautiful beautiful beast thank god for this
What about Core 5?
Will they eventually be available for different core levels?

I'd like to have that tiny depot as a model even for higher cores.

I think this is good. The pob default model is just so damn ugly.
[Image: YzLXA5V.png]

Quote:Benford Station Orbit:
Van Pelt: Juni, the patrol is getting closer. The interference from the anomaly will only hide you for so long. Quick, head into the Badlands!
Navy: Unidentified craft: stay right where you are! You are in violation of Liberty Security Code and are subject to immediate termination.
Van Pelt: Liberty Patrol, this is Benford station. These people are here under my authority!
Navy: Negative, Benford! Target renegade ships, on my signal!
Juni: Van Pelt!
Navy: Fire!
Juni: No! C’mon Trent, we’ve got to help him.
Van Pelt: Juni, get clear! The defence system will hold them off.
Juni: We’re not leaving you.
Van Pelt: I’m picking up more incoming ships. Oh my – three cruisers! They’re closing fast!
Juni: Doctor, you’ve got to come with us. We’re coming in to pick you up.
Van Pelt: There’s no time, they’re almost on top of us. You’ve got the co-ordinates to the jump-gate. Go!
Van Pelt: Juni! <static> out of here! There’s <static> –thing you can do. Save yourselves! I will– <static> Juni!

P.S. Core 1 is cool
Would it be possible to get the price for the next core custom model reduced if you bought a model at a lesser core?

nvm, I need more coffee in my organism
Great feature, I love this.
Very cool. Almost makes me want to build a pob again.

Just a small suggestion, but perhaps we could get a better preview picture of "Gas Miner Two"? It's kinda hard to see anything with the small size and light behind it.
(02-10-2021, 05:27 PM)Groshyr Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to get the price for the next core custom model reduced if you bought a model at a lesser core?

Owner purchases Core 1 model for 300 Sci-Data. When upgraded to Core 2, the owner can pay 300 additional Sci-Data for a Core 2 model for a total spent of 600 Sci-Data.
Owner purchases Core 2 model for 600 Sci-Data. Instead of purchasing a Core 3 model at upgrade, the owner chooses to wait to purchase a Core 4 model. The Owner can purchase a Core 4 model for 600 Sci-Data for a total spent of 1200 Sci-Data.

The prices are not matching from examples to actual costs though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6