Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys,

I'm Ezraen, I played this solo game 15 years ago and now i'm back. I'm 31 years old, and I download Star Citizen last week, but this game is too ambitious and is too buged for now.

>Back to Freelancer, one of my top 10 games !
I saw that a Multiplayer mode exist, and with this Mod also. I didn't know him before. (or i don't remember lol)
I'm playing in solo for now (with the discovery mod)

Is the multiplayer RP server always works? If yes, how can i join? I click on multiplayer inside the game (discovery mod) and i saw no server.

Is there a lot of online player ? Smile I saw that there is a war in the game? that's cool. I don't know yet which side i will choose.
(02-14-2021, 12:33 PM)Ezraen Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys,

I'm Ezraen, I played this solo game 15 years ago and now i'm back. I'm 31 years old, and I download Star Citizen last week, but this game is too ambitious and is too buged for now.

>Back to Freelancer, one of my top 10 games !
I saw that a Multiplayer mode exist, and with this Mod also. I didn't know him before. (or i don't remember lol)
I'm playing in solo for now (with the discovery mod)

Is the multiplayer RP server always works? If yes, how can i join? I click on multiplayer inside the game (discovery mod) and i saw no server.

Is there a lot of online player ? Smile I saw that there is a war in the game? that's cool. I don't know yet which side i will choose.

greetings mate, yes the server is up 24/7, all y have to do is download the launcher and game in https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=126999 also i'm a returning player from old times, add me in discord and i can help you out and have some fun SAFIRA JOMITA#5153..

cheers
Greetings, Ezraen,

Enjoy Discovery Freelancer!
HI guys,

I reinstalled the game, and now it's working ! Very nice to fly again ^^"

What are the mains activities? Travelling and bounty hunter? How can we become outlaw? Because we need to by a license first? To buy a license we need to be friend? How is it working ? I will follow more tuto tonight
So in-game reputations are governed by an the interaction between reputation templates attached to the Ids and rep being set by empathy.

Empathy is the affect your actions (taking bribes, doing missions, killing npcs, attacking depots) have on the faction you do it for/against and, crucially, their relationships.

Then the IDs keep your rep from drifting too far from that of the template. (has certian places of "no higher than" and "no less then")

Anyway, you can buy new ID at most stations, and get the relationship limits owned by that one, then become friendly enough with a third group to get that ID. From the recruit ID, you ought be able to rep into any faction.

Furthermore, typting /showrestarts into the chat will get you a list of codes that will get a fresh character restarted into most factions.
The proper use is, I believe /restartme [code]
Welcome to Disco!
Thank you Smile

I played a little bit. I need to understand :
I found Cardamine in a abandonned ship in Badlands. Then I go back to Manhattan.

A police officer (player) scan and ask me to give him 500 000 credit for counterband. It's RP, so i accept after 3 long minutes ^^"

BUT

there were 3 others real players in the area, 3 Outcast, they were shooting on everytarget i saw. But the police officer stay next to me, waiting my money. Then he didn't arrest them. WHY?

Is he corrupted? maybe
Is he blind? I guess yes
Is this really RP? I don't think so...

How can I be Outlast and avoid Marshal like him? If the game consist to be outcast and do what we want, this is not interesting

Other topic : why our ship is so powerfull? I can kill 6 enemy ships without using a single nano or shield. (i'm in Texas, new york,...) do you know if the difficulty increase?
Welcome to Discovery.

That Marshal happened to be me. I hope the 500,000 credit fine wasn't too straining on your finances. It's been a while since I started from scratch so I don't really know how much you may have had on you. As for the three Outcasts, well, it was three Outcasts. As a lone police officer, there wasn't much I could do about them other than either wait for reinforcements or engage and get myself brutally slaughtered. The latter option isn't particularly pleasant, so I didn't choose it. Had the numbers been even, we would have probably ended up shooting each other.

As for the NPCs they were shooting and the ones you can so easily destroy, that's very much intentional. With a few exceptions (missions and very dangerous regions), NPCs are not meant to be a serious threat to players because they would just interfere with player-to-player interactions. Therefore, they are generally considered to be of little to no importance within roleplay.
^^

500k credit was half of my money Sad but i saw that by killing 10 outcast or rogue, i can take this money back Smile no issue here

OK for the explaination, it's just sad to "kick" neutral freelancer instead of trying to kill Outcast player Tongue But this is more or less what happen in real life with politicien and middle class so this was RP i think xD

see you in space sir
If you're gonna smuggle don't use trade lanes, as they can remote scan you. Tbh avoid smuggling to liberty systems entirely, its full of over zealous police and navy players, you're best options are to smuggle in quieter places, or do lawful trading. There is a good trade route built in. In manhattan look for commodity called mission grapes with no picture and take that to new paris, then find the commodity on new paris and take to new Berlin, be mindful that planet new paris has 3 different docking rings make sure you pick the st Denis one I think it is. From new Berlin you take to new Tokyo, from new Tokyo you take yo manhattan. Its a little circle, takes about an hour but good profit. The commodity costs 598 I believe, look for the ones without a picture.
Pages: 1 2